chapter eight

Samandriel was sitting on top of the bridge again. He was staring down at the water as small tears were rolling down his face.

His brother actually talked to him. He said he was sorry. He apologized. After a whole year, his brother finally talked to him.

"Sammie?" Samandriel heard Adam's voice and the small boy looked over to see Adam walking towards him.

"Adam..." Samandriel whispered, before standing up and running into Adam's arms, hugging him tightly as he buried his face into Adam's chest. Adam wrapped his arms around Samandriel's waist and buried his face into Samandriel's dark hair.

"I'm sorry," Adam said quietly.

"No, I'm sorry. I overreacted."

"No you didn't. I shouldn't have pushed it like that."

"Are we just going to argue about this?" Samandriel asked, looking up at Adam with wide eyes.

"No. Let's go to my place and watch Frozen."

"I'm down with that."

"Yeah?"

"Except no Frozen," Samandriel giggled and Adam smiled.

"Okay. No Frozen."

---

Samandriel not-so-accidentally fell asleep cuddled up in Adam's arms while they were lying on Adam's bed and watching Bolt. Adam looked down after the movie and saw that Samandriel was asleep.

"I'm gonna sleep here too, if that's okay with you..." he murmured to the sleeping boy, kissing his head. He then turned his TV off and pulled Samandriel closer to his chest, cuddling up to him.

Adam couldn't help but to touch Samandriel's face. He traced the arch of his eyebrow, the curve of his jaw. Samandriel was so beautiful.

Adam sighed and found one of Samandriel's hands, tangling their fingers together.

"I love you," Adam whispered, kissing Samandriel's head gently and closing his eyes, sleep finding him quickly.

---

Samandriel walked out of his room, seeing Michael standing in the living room.

"Hey, Mikey!" Samandriel greeted and Michael just glared at him.

"You are such a freak!" Michael yelled, slapping Samandriel right across the face. Samandriel's older brother grabbed him and pushed him up against the wall, his fingers digging into Samandriel's shoulders, causing him to cry out in pain. "You tore apart our family!" Michael dropped Samandriel and started kicking his sides. "You ruined us! Why don't you just jump from that bridge!? Adam doesn't actually like you! Who could ever love someone like you-"

Samandriel flew out of bed, rushing to the bathroom, where he emptied his stomach, small sobs wracking his body.

"Sammie?" he heard Adam's voice as he walked into the bathroom. "You okay?"

"No," Samandriel whispered, tears leaking out of his pretty eyes. Adam sat next to him and rubbed his back.

"You wanna talk about it?" Adam whispered and Samandriel nodded.

"Yeah. Just let me get cleaned up first."

"Okay." Adam kissed Samandriel's forehead and walked back to bed. Samandriel sat up, before flushing the toilet and brushing his teeth. He hated nightmares.

He snuggled into the bed next to Adam, wrapping his arms around Adam's middle.

"What's wrong?" Adam asked, holding Samandriel tightly.