Disaster First Date (Fierrochase)

Magnus's POV

"I shake it off, I shake it off I-I I sha-" "Ok, that's enough, I'm awake," I say to Jack as I slide out of bed. Tonight I had a date with Alex, and Jack was NOT going to let me miss it. I check the time. 10:40. I would have plenty time to get ready. I jump in the shower and then brush my teeth. As I walk over to my closet, Jack yells many outfit ideas, none of which I would wear.

"Wear a hot pink tux with a turquoise tie! The ladies love that!" "Flowery vest!" "Neon yellow khakis!"

I settle with a light grey dress shirt tucked into black jeans. I lace up my black converse and Jack turns back into a pendant. (Thank God) I check the time again, by now it's 11:38. Time to meet Alex at the cafe.

=======================================================================

Alex's POV

I wake up groggy and disoriented, a natural effect of staying up until 5 in the morning making pottery. I sit up and stare at my clock for a couple seconds before my brain registers what time it is and what event I had to be at today. 11:24. Ok cool. I was wearing a baggy lime green T-shirt and pink basketball shorts. I sit there for a minute. Wait. I think. My date with Magnus is at 12:00. I was extremely confused. What time was it again? Oh right, 11:24. 11:24. My date is at 12:00. Oh shit, I scramble up and throw myself in the shower. I didn't have time to brush my teeth, so I just inhaled a couple breath mints. When I got to my closet, the real panic started. Ohmygodwhatamigonnawearihavetolooknicethisisadate, and then I realize it's a lunch date at the cafe, so I don't have to wear super formal clothes. I pick out a comfortable lime green dress and a small hot pink belt. I throw on a pair of worn-down sneakers because at this point my brain is trying to work but my last two brain cells are failing me. I fix my hair so it doesn't look too bad, and I fly to the cafe in eagle-form.

When I reach the cafe, Magnus is waiting for me. I shape-shift back into a human and sit down across from him.

"Alex, are you okay? You seem sorta-"

"She and her today," I interrupt him. Wait, I didn't mean to do that.

Magnus responds, "I sorta figured. How much did you sleep last night?"

"Seven."

"Seven what? Seven hours?-"

"Minutes," I say with a yawn. Magnus looked horrified.

"What in the-" He paused, "Are you sure you're okay?"

I shrug and say, "I could sleep some more." We go back to Valhalla and I flop on my bed.

Magnus's POV

I had to admit, I was a bit disappointed when our date was cut short. Alex was immensely tired, so I decided to let her rest instead, we could schedule another date some other time. As I turn to leave, Alex yawns, "Wait, could you stay?" This was extremely unlike her, but I sat down with her. She leans against my shoulder and almost immediately falls asleep.

I figured I would be here a while, so I got comfortable. I lean back on the headboard and stretch my feet out. I look at Alex, looking cozy, leaning on my arm. I rest my head on hers and my left arm goes around her, and we stayed like that for a bit, just kind of cuddling. When she woke up, she looked up at me, and then leaned on my chest for a couple minutes before saying, "you are such a dork." I laughed and she intertwined our fingers.

She gets up and faces me, inches away from my face, and kisses me, it was sort of a peck, lasting a couple seconds, and looks at me with her multicolored eyes. I look past her, at the doorway, and I see Halfborn and Mallory in the doorway. TJ was in the middle of everyone filming.

Alex jumps up and grabs her garrote. TJ screams and bolts out the door and Alex sprints after him. Poor TJ. Mallory and Halfborn were still in the doorway. Halfborn was raising his eyebrows furiously and Mallory was doubled over on the floor laughing. My face was red with embarrassment, and I went over to my room. On my door I found a note in Alex's handwriting:

Sorry for today. Meet me at the cafe at 12:00 tmr for an actual date. <3

Maybe today wasn't too terrible.  

Just a little author's note :D

I have just started writing fanfics, so please be nice, and if you have any tips or suggestions, please tell me! I will be working on this book for a while, and I will try to update as often as I can. Thank you for reading, Love you guys! <3