"Keep Me Company"

Chapter 8
Penelope's POV

I don't know why Derek thinks I would be upset by the fact Kevin is behind all of this. Yes, he proposed and yes, I probably would have married him if I had been ready. But, for some reason it didn't surprise me that he would do this. I mean I didn't know he was a serial killer, but I knew he had been on something I couldn't tell anyone though because as much as I disliked him, he couldn't go to jail for something I blabbed about.
"I need to reapply my makeup." I whisper.
"No you don't, you look beautiful. Even with mascara lines down your face." He said teasing me
I smirk and walk into the bathroom. I was just about done when he walked in.
"Hey baby girl, what do you want for dinner? I can call room service, we could order a pizza, or we could go out with the team. They're going to get Italian."
"Let's go out with the team. They need to know that I'm okay."
"Alright, well they're leaving at 6:00 so be ready."
"I will be." I smiled and he came and kissed me. "I guess we'll have to take a rain check until later on." I say stepping back.
"It's better than nothing."
(Time Lapse)
As we walked into the Italian restaurant, we all sat down at a table. Derek immediately sat down next to me and I nudged him. He looked at JJ with a teasing smile,
"Did you really think I wasn't going to pull out your chair?" He said standing up.
She laughed and sat down next to me.
"Don't even ask. I'm fine, yes, Kevin could be a serial killer, yes, I almost married a serial killer, but no, I'm not going to boo hoo over it. I have a job to do. I'm putting my personal life aside." I say addressing the table.
"Alright." Derek says matter of factly.
"So JJ" I ask, "How is Henry?"
(Time Lapse)
After everyone got off on the third floor it was just me and Derek on the elevator. I reached for his hand and he took it.
"It's later." I whisper.

Derek's POV:
I wake up to Garcia screaming. I ran over to the bed and wake her up.
"Baby, baby girl, wake up!" I say.
"Derek, Kevin was in my room and he was writing on the wall," she sobs, "And he was using blood, but it was mine, he came over and stabbed me-"
"Baby girl, it was a dream. Look at me," she looked up, I put her hand on my chest, "Do you feel that?" She nodded. "As long as my heart is still beating, he will never, ever touch you."
"Okay."
I lay down beside her. Her hand stays on my chest as she falls asleep. The hotel alarm clock went off at 6:45.
"Garcia, hey, baby girl," I shook her awake, "It's time to go to work."
"Okay."
"I have to take a shower, I'll be out in 10 minutes."
(Ten minutes later)
I got out of the shower and wrapped a towel around my waist.
"Garcia, Peneellooppee?" I said drawing out her first name. I walk out of the bathroom and she wasn't in the bedroom. "Penelope? Penelope!" I was freaking out.
She came out of the closet laughing.
"You- you were freaking out!" She said hysterically.
"Yeah! I was! I thought that in the ten minutes I was gone Kevin had kidnapped you, killed you, or things that I don't even want to think about! So yeah, I'm mad!" I was furious. She doesn't realize what she means to me. If she were to die... I couldn't even think about that.
"Baby, I'm sorry. I thought it would be funny. I shouldn't have done that."
I rubbed my hand over my face. "Come here." She walked over and I wrapped her in a bear hug.
"Don't do that ever again."
"I promise I won't."
I held her until she said she had to get ready. I watched her as she applied her makeup and did her hair.
"I really am sorry about this morning." She says looking at me.
"I'm sorry I yelled at you."
"Are you going to be able to control yourself today?"
"I'll do my best."
"Hmm"
"Okay, it's time to go." I say standing up. We walk hand in hand to the elevator, then separate once we step inside.