So close but yet so far!

The next day Kerry and I are walking to school. As we are walking we see Juan, two boys, and a girl. They seem to be his siblings since they are all walking together. The girl looks very familiar and I think she is in our class. I ask Kerry, "Does that girl look familiar to you?" "Doesn't ring a bell" Kerry says. "Oh wait I think I've seen before," Kerry says quickly after. "She seems that she is shy. She looks like the oldest child but Juan is being very mean to her," Kerry says pointing. "Don't point," I whisper, "He is treating her like his servant, but she should tell him what to do." I then see them walk into the same building we are going into: school. I knew she was in the school. Later at lunch, Kerry, Johnny, Caitie, and I are sitting at a table. "You're eating Paco's Tacos again?" Kerry questions Caitie and Johnny. "Well yea, it is just so good that I know get their breakfast burrito. They are just so good you know." Caitie says with her mouth full of taco. Then a girl with short light brown hair, hazel eyes, and fair skin that has the slightest tanning to it. Right away I knew it was the girl that was walking with Juan. "Hi, I'm Josefa. My father owns Paco's Tacos, but I really don't like tacos. Anyway, I am in the same class as you, I just always sit in the back. Your remember Kerry right?" "Sure," Kerry says cluelessly. "Anyway, I heard you met my brother Juan. He is always picking on me and pushing me around even though I'm older. I just wanted to ask Kerry and Carly a question privately after school. Is that okay you guys?" We both nod our heads not clearly hearing what she said. But then we both look at each other. She said her father owns Paco's Tacos. We knew she has something about it. Something like a clue we need. "Great. I'll see you then." Then she walks away. "What was that about," Johnny asks. Kerry and I just ignore him trying to figure out what she has to ask us. During last period of class Kerry and I are so jittery and eager to get off our seat and walk to the back to Josefa. Finally the bell rings and we jump out of our seats. Kerry and I practically run down the halls. We then see Josefa come out and start walking toward us. "Finally!" Kerry shouts. "Okay. What I wanted ask you was that I have seen you at my father's restaurant. Have you guys ever eaten a single thing from there?" "No," we reply curiously. "Well there is a secret recipe in everything that my father makes. It brainwashes anyone who eats it to crave more. This makes people become more overweight. My father already did it to the rest of my family. I'm afraid. He said he will do it to me too. I refused. He still is going to do it tonight. I need you guys to help me. Almost everyone in town has tried it. Tonight I will become a taco lover and tomorrow I will have no idea what you are talking about. Please try to help." Josefa finishes. "Is that why our friends are so addictive?" I ask. "We are in the middle of a taco-lypse!" Kerry exclaims. Josefa and I laugh. I'm glad Josefa warned us. We had clues but we were so far from finding it. "Thanks Josefa," Kerry and both say. "Come on Kerry lets put all the clues together." "Okay," Kerry says excitedly.

Later, Kerry and I are at my house in my basement. We put everything that we heard and saw together. "Everyone seems to love the stuff that Paco makes," Kerry says, "Paco must make a lot of secret ingredients since everyone in town seems to love it." Kerry adds. "Well in his kitchen he must make a lot of it and must make it really addictive." I say. "Well who do we know that tried it?" Kerry asks. "Well my parents, my sister, my brothers, Caitie, and Johnny." I say, "Who do you know Kerry?" "Well my parents did try it, my sisters did, and our teacher Mrs. Thompson." Kerry replies, "I also heard that the new singer in our town, Ava Morgan, tried it too. The magazines says she gained like fifteen pounds." Kerry says laughing with tears in her eyes. "Wait say that again Kerry," I say. "What did I say?," Kerry asks. "About Ava Morgan and you said," "Oh she gained weight from eating it all the time. She had it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner," Kerry says cutting me off. "Well that is why people are looking bigger than they are. It's fast food with grilled or oily stuff in it. Plus it has the secret addictive recipe." I say. "You notice Caitie always eating Paco's Tacos. She used to be the same size as me but now she is like two times the size as me!" I say to Kerry. "What about Johnny?" Kerry asks. "Him too. Also Juan." I say. "Now I know why Juan is so chubby," Kerry says laughing with tears in her eyes again. "Well what about Paco? Is he fat too?" Kerry says about to burst into laughter again. "Well I wouldn't say fat. I would say burly and muscular." I reply. "Maybe he was chubby like Juan too and Paco was made fun of. Now Paco wants revenge." Kerry says. I stare at Kerry with a surprised face and my mouth hanging open. "Why are you staring at me like that?" Kerry asks. "That is probably exactly what happened," I say to Kerry. "Oh yea I totally knew that," Kerry says. "It may be what happened. We are not sure yet." I say to Kerry. "Well let us try to find out!" Kerry says. "But how?" I ask Kerry. "Josefa" Kerry says. "Do we have anytime until she becomes a taco-lover?" I ask Kerry. "Just enough of us," Kerry says very determined.