(4) Present - Rian

AN: Rian and Brandeen were on a mission themselves before the guild leaders made this plan so there will be a little information on their former mission but not much really.

Rian groaned as he walked inside their home. He had had to stay longer at the bar than he even wanted to just so he could get that dumb information. He supposed it was good information that he could pass along to Silver and Shades to take down the ring. But man oh man, he was hating this mission more and more. 

Walking into the living room, he flopped down on the couch, awakening his brother who had been sleeping on the other side peacefully. Brandeen whined and tried to curl up in a ball, making Rian chuckle at him. The white-haired male glared at him from his place on the couch, unhappy at being rudely awoken. 

"Y u do this?" Brandeen whined at him. "I mean I know that your mission be tough but haz some respect for ze sleeping me."

At that Rian's chuckles turned into a full-blown laugh directed at his frazzled brother, who just huffed before curling back into the ball. It took a few minutes before Rian could quiet his laughs and he could ask. "So how was your site? Did you get any good information?"

"No! Today was boring! Boring! Boring! Boring! I didn't even get to talk to anyone cuz they were all either sleeping or drunk, drunk I tell u!" Brandeen whined. "That's y I got back before you for once."

"Yeah... I suppose Aussi is still at his meeting?" Rian asked curiously.

"Unfortunatelyyyyyy, I wanted cuddle timeeeeee." Brandeen whined as he hugged a pillow to his chest. Rian had no idea how he had gotten the pillow but he decided not to question it. 

"He'll be back soon." Rian soothed his brother. "You wanna watch a movie while we wait?"

Brandeen peeked over his pillow as he nodded slowly. Rian smiled softly at his brother before getting up to put in a movie. "What do you wanna watch?"

"Ooooooooh put on Alice in Wonderland, I love that movie! Especially with ze Mad Hatter! He's my faveeeeeeeeeee after Austin of course, nothing can beat our Pretty." Brandeen said cheerfully. 

Rian chuckled as he nodded and put the movie in before settling back down on the couch next to his brother. Brandeen curled into his side like a kitten as the movie began to play. They had just gotten to the part when the Mad Hatter enters the scene when the two heard the sound of the front door being opened. 

Brandeen sat up happily, looking over the back of the couch as Austin entered the room, sliding down his mask and taking off his hat as he did so. Brandeen stole the hat as soon as their husband had sat it down making Rian roll his eyes as he stood up to kiss their husband. 

"How was your meeting, love?" Rian asked after pulling away.

"It was... interesting if nothing else." Rian and Brandeen exchanged glances before looking back at their husband in interest. When Austin said something like that, they knew that something was up. "What happened?"

Austin sighed, catching both of his husband's attention even more so before saying. "We may have to put your current mission on hold until further notice."

"Wait, what?" Rian asked in surprise. "Why would we do that?"

"Because we have a bigger problem," Austin told him with a small frown, making Rian and Brandeen more concerned. The twins exchanged glances again before Brandeen grabbed Austin's hand and dragged him over to the couch with Rian following. Once Austin was settled onto the couch with Rian beside him, Brandeen crawled into Austin's lap and said. "Explain."

Taking a deep breath, Austin began to explain the meeting in detail, including the fact that he had basically volunteered them for the infiltration mission this would require. Neither Rian or Brandeen tried to interrupt as he explained and it was only when he finished talking that they decided to voice their opinions. 

"While I'm not completely happy that you volunteered us without asking first, I can see your reasoning. And I suppose we could put our current mission on hold until this issue is resolved..." Rian began. 

"Yeah, it be really boring right now anyway, I got no new info today and maybe if we gone for longer then new info be more easily gathered." Brandeen nodded. 

"So you'll do it?" Austin asked looking relieved. 

"' Course, beauty, we'd do anything for you, not to mention, this Garden has been causing way too many troubles for you anyway," Rian told him, cupping his face as he placed a light kiss to his lips. 

Austin kissed back before hugging the two of them, clearly relieved that the two had agreed with him. 

"Besides, it'll be fun fun fun to finally meet our counterparts in person! Funny, I imagined it going differently but talking is fun too." Brandeen decided to add as he flopped back on the couch from the hug. 

"True, true, brother, I wonder what their reactions will be." Rian said with a shark-like grin. 

"I guess we'll just have to wait and see." Austin chuckled slightly as his husbands nodded.