(13) Past - Silver

Silver smiled as he got ready to go meet up with Brandeen and Rian. He had been hanging out with the twins a lot in the past few weeks and he was really enjoying it. Brandeen was really fun to talk to, sure he was a little all over the place but when he looked up at him with those adorable eyes, how could one even be mad at that face? Rian was a lot more serious than his brother but he was still really sweet with how protective he could be of both him and Brandeen. And that's not even to mention how they would use the words "Pretty" and "Beauty" in reference to him. They did this nearly all the time and he never once failed to blush at the mention. 

If Silver was being honest with himself, he had slowly been developing a crush on the twins. It was weird but he couldn't help it, they were just so nice and sweet and they made him feel like he was special even if he really wasn't. 

Slipping on his jacket, he made his way out of his house. He did have to stop by the guildhall to let Reaper know he would be out for most of the day and therefore wouldn't be taking any missions but he was sure that wouldn't take too long. He used his little lightning trick to get to the guildhall faster, eager to go and meet with the twins.

Upon arriving at the guildhall, Silver walked down to Reaper's office and knocked. After receiving confirmation, he peeked his head in and said. "Hey Reaper! I just wanted to let you know that I won't be in the guildhall today if you need me."

"Oh? And why is that?" Reaper asked curiously as he looked up from his papers. 

"I'm just going out to meet with a couple of my friends, they invited me to go out with them this afternoon." Silver replied, smiling slightly at the thought of going to hang out with Rian and Brandeen. 

"Hmmm, do I know these friends of yours?" Reaper asked as he set his papers to the side. 

"I mean you've met them once, they were the pair of twins that saved me a few weeks back, Brandeen and Rian." He didn't know why but Reaper froze at that. The man was silent for a moment before he asked. "Those two invited you out?"

"I mean yes?" Both Reaper's tone and question confused him. It was like he was suspicious of them or something. 

"Do you know why they wanted to hang out with you?" Reaper asked sounding concerned but for what reason Silver didn't know. He also didn't know why he would ask something like that either. "I mean, I don't know, they just asked to hang out today, I'm supposed to be meeting up with them in like thirty minutes."

"... Where were you supposed to meet up with them?" Reaper asked, confusing him even more as to why he would need to know but nonetheless he told his mentor where they were supposed to meet because he didn't really see the harm in it. Then Reaper stood up and made his way around his desk. "Silver, could you stay here in the guildhall for a bit? I have something to do real quick and I don't want to leave the guild alone. I won't be too long and you should be able to still be in time for your little... meeting."

Silver was confused at why Reaper needed him to stay all of a sudden but at the same time, he couldn't really refuse. Besides, Reaper said he wouldn't be too long and he could probably use his little lightning trick if necessary to get to his meeting on time. So he nodded and Reaper smiled a little at him before leaving the room. 

Silver waited and waited and waited and waited... yet Reaper didn't come back quickly like he said he would. No. Silver waited almost an hour before he got frustrated with waiting. Reaper had said he was going to be back quickly yet he wasn't and now he was late with meeting Brandeen and Rian. 

Standing up, he made his way out of the guildhall. He would apologize to Reaper later. For now, he needed to go before they assumed he wasn't coming and left, if they hadn't already. Using his little lightning trick, he quickly zapped over to where he was supposed to be meeting Rian and Brandeen only to be met with a strange sight. 

"Reaper? Rian? Brandeen? What's going on?" He asked in concern as he saw Reaper standing in front of the twins with a sword out. What the heck happened? Why was Reaper here? He didn't understand.