(2) Present - Silver

Silver sat in a meeting with the other guild leaders as they discussed what to do about the ever-looming problem with the Garden and the grandmaster. They were always plotting, staying one step ahead of them somehow and they couldn't figure out how. What they needed was...

"We need someone on the inside, someone who can tell us how they're getting their information and when they're planning their own schemes." Michael said as he sipped on his cup of coffee. 

"I mean it's not exactly like we can ask one of our guild members to go undercover, the only one I could possibly think of who would be good for that between our guilds would be Mitch and well we already know what happened with him." Bri pointed out. 

"What about Boat-" Michael started to ask, only for Brandon to shake his head. "Boat's been having nightmares about the Garden because of the trauma he suffered there, he would break if we sent him to spy."

"Maybe Colin, he seems like he would be able to-" Michael shook his head at that too. "Colin has enough trouble controlling his more murderous side, we'd be asking for trouble if we asked him to go undercover."

They threw out a few more suggestions before Brandon noticed that Silver hadn't said anything and asked. "Any ideas, Silver?"

Silver jerked up, blushing when he realized he hadn't been paying attention. He rubbed the back of his neck and asked slightly ashamed. "Sorry, what were we discussing again?"

"We were discussing if any of our guild members would be suited for infiltrating and spying on the Garden." Bri rolled her eyes. "Though I don't suppose you would have any members suited for that."

Silver thought for a moment before the idea came to him. While he wouldn't like to pull them from their missions, he knew they wouldn't be too upset with him for doing so. 

"I mean I would have to pull them from their current missions, which they probably won't be too happy with considering that they've been working on those for a couple of months, but I know two of my members would more than likely do it if I asked." The other guild leaders' jaws dropped before Bri asked in a skeptical voice. "I thought most of your guild members left, why would these two listen to you, especially if they're on a mission themselves?"

"There is also the question of trust and whether they would change to the Garden's side if they saw the advantage of it." Brandon pointed out. 

Ouch. Those comments stung but at the same time, they were valid. Especially after Josh and Marshie had left the guild. Still. 

"I trust these two with my life and I know the would listen if I asked." Silver told the other guild leaders. 

"I mean didn't you trust your former guildmates not to leave at the first sight of change?"

Silver's eyes narrowed at that question. Well. Might as well assuage their fears now. There was no chance of that after all.

"Look, even with my other guild members leaving, I know these two wouldn't do anything of the sort. Especially since," He stopped and reached over to pull the glove off his right hand, revealing two wedding rings. "they're my husbands."

A dead silence rang out even as the other guild leaders stared at his wedding rings. 

"You're married?" Ritchie asked in shock, everyone else right there with him. 

"Mhmm, been married for over half a year and I'd trust 'em with anything." Silver said before pulling the glove back on his hand. 

Everyone mulled this over for a moment before Michael brought up a point. "Wouldn't Mitch, Marshie and Josh know about your husbands then?"

"Nah, my boys tended to avoid Mitch back when he was in the guild, no idea why, and as for Marshie and Josh, they left before they got to meet my boys. Heck, not even Stu has met my husbands yet and Brick only met them because he was there the last time they delivered a report to me in the guildhall. Not that they do that often mind you, mostly they do it at home." Silver shook his head. 

"How does no one know you're married?" Bri asked curiously. 

"I mean it was a very quiet ceremony, we just had Reaper, Shades, and their aunt there, and we kept our marriage secret for the most part in the guild." Silver shrugged. 

"Makes sense." Brandon said before asking. "Do you think they'd be able to pull off acting as one of them?"

"Oh definitely. They regularly take undercover missions so this isn't new." Silver nodded. 

"Alright then, do we get to meet your husbands before they get on with mission?" Michael asked curiously. 

"Sure, if you really want to. I will warn you that they're a little odd. I mean I love them, but they are odd, even by all of our guild standards." He nodded to them.

"As long as its just those two, we'll be fine." Michael reassured him and he nodded.

And it was settled. Silver would bring the two to the next merting where they would discuss more on the infiltration mission.