Shit Happens

Chapter Eight

Cry. Sleep. Cry.

That's all what I've been doing ever since that day.

To say I was miserable is an understatement, I was half-alive. Cliche as it may seem but yeah, I can't live without Hanamiya Makoto. I love him. I need him. But I didn't even know how to win him back considering that he had been avoiding me at school. The tables have turned, and it was heartbreaking. Very.

I was absent for days. My family has been worried sick. My friends were spamming me with text messages, e-mails, and missed calls. While I just stayed in my room for as long as I could, trying to blend in to the darkness. I just wanted to disappear and vanish into thin air---so that I wouldn't have to feel the pain anymore.

More sleep. Cry harder. More sleep.

I didn't even care anymore. How could I care? I hurt the only man I love, I broke his heart and so as mine. And honestly, I didn't know how to move on or make everything better.

It wasn't entirely his fault though, I couldn't deny the fact that I was to blame too. I knew I needed to talk to him, explain and make things clear. But how? It's like there was a thick wall separating the both of us. I couldn't get through to him at all. He wasn't just avoiding me but he was also treating me like I was not there when in fact, I was. It's like I was invisible in his eyes. And it hurts like hell. Not being able to take it anymore, I stopped coming to school. I wanted to be alone, think things through, and perhaps mend my broken heart.

But it was still useless.

Wherever I look, everything around me would only remind me of him. Yes he's a jerk, a devil, an idiot, a moron, an aho, a despicable human being---but he loved me. He showed me how much he loved me. He cared for me. I felt it, and yet.. I was so stupid. I was fucking stupid. But is it really wrong to care? Was I really wrong?

Knock. Knock. Knock.

I opened my eyes upon hearing that annoying noise. "I'm not hungry," I said softly, knowing that it probably was my sister again. But instead of stopping, the knocks only became louder and louder.

Is she trying to break my freaking door?

I groaned and got out of bed, opened the door and yeah, dropped my jaw. It was not my sister but my idiot friends. I sighed exasperatingly, "What are you doing here?"

"Wow. Don't look so happy to see us," Kentaro Seto said sarcastically before giving me a petrifying stare. "You look awful!"

They let themselves in even without my permission. It was Hara who switched on the lights and the disorganization of my room was revealed in our sight.

"So this is what a brokenhearted girl's room looks like." Hiroshi teased with a smirk, still continuously scanning his eyes around.

"Fuck off!" I barked, trying to hide the embarrassment that was washing over me. They sat on the floor forming a circle and placed the boxes of pizza they were carrying at the center. Then they all turned to me, "What? Tch.."

These self-invited idiots!

I stomped my way towards them and sat in between Hara and Kojiro, "What do you want from me-- Oww!" I received a hard flick in the forehead from Hara, which I responded with a glare. "What's your problem?"

"You! You are our problem!" He shouted angrily at my face. "Why are you throwing your life away?!"

Tears instantly formed in my eyes then I looked at each one of them, I could see that they were really worried. I choked back a sob and hung my head down, "I-I'm sorry. I just-- I just don't know what to do. Seeing him is too painful.."