Chapter 6

Himiko's Shrine (Japan)

Third Person

As they were running and being sent to an unknown place, Alisa had a dream again. It was another vision where people were crying as they saw the world, fading slowly, the earth was becoming dust flying into thin air and this slowly wipes the earth out of the universe.

They fell on green grass, having Alisa's head in a nauseous state and Carter having a wincing pain on his left arm.

Alisa did not bother or care her headache, but instead, she focused on Carter's wound. Since Carter left most of his stuff on Zimbabwe, it would take a long time to heal his wound.

She covered his wound with the cloth on the back of his robe and both rested as they were tired from all the running.

A little mile away from them was a city. Alisa thought that they could probably help them with their wounds.

Alisa accidentally stepped on her own foot, causing her to trip down. Luckily, Carter caught her before she hit the back of her head on a large rock. He caught her back and Alisa slipped backwards causing to make Carter and Alisa's face centimeters away from each other.

They felt shy as if it their heart stopped for a while. It was a very awkward situation. Alisa was blushing very hard as she pushed away his face.

They walked with a distance between them, looking both opposite directions, until they reach the gate to the city.

Noticing the villager's culture, Alisa knew that they were in Japan, as she saw the clothing and the language of the people.

A man greeted them and welcomed them in offering a visitor's clothing for them to enter inside. They accepted the man's offer and went it to change clothes.

They found a village doctor and asked to treat them. They also asked if there was an inn that they could spend their night with.

When they found the inn that the doctor recommended, they were satisfied with it.

They rested there for 3 days but since they can't pay their rent, they were kicked out. They were stressed finding a new place to stay in.

The skies went gray and suddenly it started raining. A light was appearing through the dark sky, a bright light stopping some of the rain in a specific area.

Horns were heard from above and a woman in a kimono with her mask on came down walking from that area.

She started preaching people and later on, she walked around the street. A young boy suddenly laughed at her and called her a moron because of her clothing.

Out of her irritation, she strangled the child's neck and slapped him hard on his right cheek.

Nobody dared to help the young boy. The boy cried on his knees, so the woman hugged him and made him doze off by strangling his hair.

The woman smirked and walked as if nothing happened, she received offerings, compliments and overwhelming fear from the people.

Alisa and Carter were shocked and crept out about this strange woman who came from the clouds.

As the woman cannot speak, she has a right-hand man that serves her as her loyal server and speaker. He represented her to be Himiko, the Japanese people supreme Sun Goddess. The people bowed their heads and called her "Zur-U".

Alisa and Carter both copied the crowd's action to avoid conflict as  they feel something bad will happen to them if they didn't.

People offered only grains and stones as there offerings to Zur-U. Zur-U was not happy with their offerings for she received useless gifts. As a result, Zur-U commanded to destroy the city and so the skies went orange.

Alisa and Carter's attention were on the sky. They looked up and saw meteors falling down.

The citizens panicked and ran.

As Alisa and Carter tried to get away from this situation, Alisa's hood was pulled over by Zur-U and it revealed her face.

Zur-U's eyes widened and said "My Alisa, is that you?" She heard her spoke her name and was grabbed by her hair. Zur-U explained everything from her appearance and disappearance.

The most shocking part that made Alisa in agony was the fact that Zur-U stated that she was her long-lost mother. Zur-U even demanded Alisa to join forces with her by luring her using her hypnosis but it seems to not work, thanks to the shards she got shielded from other's manipulation.

Zur-U was impressed by these but also made her bitter because her own daughter disregarded her more than others.

Before Zur-U left the city, she gave Alisa a snake bite that made her fall down on her knees, slowly fainting away. Carter carried her from the back and tried to flee away from this fire. The capital city is burning down to chucks. Alisa was sick again.