kotku.

note:  maybe you guys are lost in the timeline but this chapter continues after chapter cinnamon girl. thank you for your attention. 

night number 7.

theo's pov

"Hey Potter, where are you going?" said Boris's voice far behind me as I rushed quickly from school to the bus stop. 

"Home. How else does it look?" I shouted at him without looking or stopping. Boris finally reached me and walked beside me. 

"I know, stupid question, nu, Potter, I actually wanted to ask you something." He put his hand in his greasy hair nervously. 

 "Come on, talk." I stopped when we finally reached the bus stop.

"I just...Why are you avoiding me?"

"I am avoiding you?!" I exclaimed a little louder and few kids at bus stop turned around and looked at us. I rolled my eyes and leaned closer to Boris. "I don't know who shuns more, Boris. I haven't seen you in weeks, weeks! You found some girl, fine, but don't tell me I'm avoiding you. Besides who is she?"

"Her name is Kotku." Boris proudly claimed.

I didn't want to admit it, but for some reason, when Boris called his girlfriend kotku it made me angry, because if I remember just right, he gave me this nickname the first night we met. It's my nickname. Only mine. He didn't call anyone that, right ? You are such a cute little kotku, Potter. I remember it exactly! 

"No, that's not her name."

"It is!" Boris frowned.

"Boris, you can't run around and renaming people. Besides, that nickname belonged tome." Unwillingly it slipped from my mouth what I had on my heart. "What's her name?" I covered my obvious mistake with another sentence, hoping to draw attention to Kotku, not to myself.

"Her name is Kylie or something like that," Boris said thoughtfully, I breathed out but unfortunately, he continued. "So this is the point? Are you jealous, Potter?" he looked serious, almost angry, though I swear I saw a hint of a formulating smirk that he covered with a frown.

"I, no-no, that's not  true at all, you idiot!" I blushed like a fucking tomato.

"Everyone is fighting for the truth." He grinned from ear to ear, I did not want to offer him a sense of satisfaction, but I couldn't resist and hit his shoulder, hard. He returned me a weak blow to the head. Sometimes we fought, it was almost normal for us.

"You don't have to worry about Kotku. She is fine. And she will not threaten our friendship, don't you worry."Boris grinned when we sat finally on the bus. I grinned back at him with a strange grimace.  I didn't want to say it out loud, but I didn'tfeel good about it. On the contrary, I was very afraid. I had the feeling that Kotku will ruin everything. She was nice, pretty, funny, and for anindefinite reason I just started dislike her. I know it was selfish, but Boriswas my only friend. She can't just take him away from me. When we got out of thebus we walked side by side in silence, only occasionally Boris'sshoulder bumped against mine. In front of my house, he asked me if hecould spend time with me, I wanted to come up with some quickly excuse because Iwasn't really in the mood to be with him and his bullshit talk about amazing Kotku,but before I protested he entered my house. He ran up the stairs.  With a sigh, I walked inand headed to the bathroom. Anxiety did not leave me, and I needed relief. Sometimes Xandra gave them to me, which was illegal, but she wasn't a moralwoman exactly. I scanned the cabinet  until I foundthe bottle I wanted. Xanax. I took one pill and ran upstairs to my room.

As I thought. He was rolled up on my bed watching tv. I couldn't help but smile. This dork.

"Hey, Potter, wanna cuddle?" He said monotonously but with excitement,  he didn't take his eyes off TV.

Huh, so this is how he wanted to do it? Dating Kotku and doing- whatever-he-wanted- to- do with me? Okay, he should have it. Without a word, I laid down with him, and after a while I peacefully fell asleep, subdued by the miracle pill.