Chapter 6- Forth of July

It was the forth of July in sunny Nashville. Derek and Bethany had arrived just last night. They were staying at Julianne's house that she owned out in Nashville.Bethany was going to meet Derek's family. She was pretty scared. Derek was in the shower while Bethany was doing her makeup. It was simple makeup. No eyeshadow, with her brows filled in and a nude lip. Her hair was straight and she wore a floral romper from her clothing line with some ankle boots and a statement necklace. 

"Babe, you look gorgeous." Derek came up behind her.

"Thanks, I wanna make a good first impression." 

"They will love you, I know they will." Derek kissed her on the cheek and went to go put a shirt on

"Whatever you say..." Bethany rolled her eyes and went to grab her bag. "Come on! We're gonna be late, Jules is waiting for us."

"Okk, come on!" Derek laughed taking her hand and walking out of their room

"About time! What took so long?" Julianne asked laughing.

"Your brother takes an hour in the shower." Bethany laughed.

"Well, come on. Ihop is only 4 minutes away let's move!" Jules said getting into her car with Bethany in the passengers seat and Derek in the back.

When they got there the whole family was there already there sitting and laughing.

"Derek! Jules! So great to see you guys! Is this the Bethany Derek won't stop talking about?" Katherine, one of Derek's sisters joked.

"Absolutely." Derek took his arm around Bethany and introduced her, "Guys, this is Bethany. My amazing girlfriend."

"UNCLE DEREK!" 

"Hey Robbie! How's my little man!" Derek took the little guy into his arms, "Robbie, this is Bethany. Can you say hi?"

"HI BETHANY!"

"Hi! It's so nice to meet you!" Bethany laughed and tickled him a little.

"Alright! We can all get to know Bethany, but we gotta get eating! We got an amazing forth of July!" Julianne said while helping all her neices and nephews get seated.

"So Bethany, your a Youtuber?" asked Derek's mom.

"Yah." 

"What got you into it?"

"Well, I started when I was 13... Uhh, I was kinda a really shy kid. I was bullied about my physical appearence.. It sucked but... I felt like I found that voice through communitcating on Youtube so I kept going and here I am.."

"Wow, that's amazing. You have you own clothing line too right?" Asked one of Derek's sisters.

"Yup, at Aeropostale!"

"That's great. Shall we eat?" Stated Derek's mom.

The breatfast went great for Bethany. She made an amazing first impression. Derek's whole family adored her. His neices and nephews started calling her Auntie Beth by the end of it! After breakfast, all of the Houghs went to the park for the Parade in Nashville. Bethany and Julianne took a few of Derek's nephews and nieces to the bouncy castle.

"Damn, he really loves you." Julianne laughed.

"Why do you say that?" Bethany raised an eyebrow.

"He never brings his girlfriends to a family event. Forth of July, Thanksgiving. None of  them. Cause he knows how important it is to this family. He really loves you." Julianne smiled.

All Bethany did was blush.

"It's like your already family! Everyone loves you. He might as well propose." Bethany couldn't tell if Julianne was joking or not.