Chapter 8- Cracked Heart

1 week... It's only been 1 week! 2 weeks left..

Derek has been in New York for a week! A week without Bethany. He felt like he was gonna die! He's been working his butt off though. He's partnered with Witney for most of it which probably makes Betha feel a lot better cause.. Well, Witney is one of Beth's best friends.

"Alright guys! Can we run it from the top! Derek yelled as all of the dances got in first positions.

"5 6 7 8!" Witney called out.

Mark, Peta, Val and Sharna were on the floor right now. As the rest of the pros watched, Derek couldn't help his self but to keep checking his phone..

"Derek, stop. You guys were just talking last night! Mark was talking about how he couldn't sleep cause you were up til 1 AM talking to her!" Witney said covering his phone screen with her hand..

"I just wanted to check.."

"Well stop! You two will probably FaceTime or call eachother again tonight and drive Mark absolutely mad! Come on, we're on." Witney pulled Derek's arm and got into postition.

Rehearsals ran til 6 that night, everyone was tired, but they were gonna all go get something to eat.

"Derek! You coming?" Sasha asked putting on his coat.

"No, I got other plans.." Derek said about to walk the toher way.

"YOU BETTER NOT BE CHEATING ON MY GIRL WITH SOME NEW YORK SLUT!" Witney yelled jokingly.

"YOU MAY BE MY BEST FRIEND BUT I"LL BEAT THE CRAP OUTTA YOU IF YOU DO!" Mark yelled tagging in making everyone laugh.

"WOULDN"T DREAM OF IT!" Derek laughed lightly.

Turning around he started to walk the other way. What the other dancers didn't know was his bit his lip of nervousness... He kept walking until he got to a little cafe. Kinda like the one that him and Bethany met at. But this one was different. It sold a lot more food. And it was a lot bigger. He sat down at a table somewhere in the middle of the cafe, waiting for his company.

"Hey D" A voice said. 

Derek looked up to see a blonde girl, about 5'7. She wore a pair of light blue jeans that were high waisted and a floral crop top that seemed to be from Bethany's line.

"Chloe? It's great to see you! Derek said standing up kissing her on the cheek.

Little did Derek know, his pictures were being taken at that exact moment....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Stop looking at your phone Mota!" Sadie said snatching her phone.

"HEY! Give that back, I was just scrolling through instagram..."

"And waiting for Derek to call! You talked to him last night!" 

"Yah.. But."

"No buts! Come on! It's 2 o'clock! We are going out!"

"Where?" Bethany asked

"The mall! Duhh!"

They got to the mall in no time, while in the mall they went to all of Beth's favorite stores to take her mind off Derek. Forever 21, Urban Outfitters, Aeropostale, Free People...

While they were in Free People looking at clothes Bethany got a text.

Derek

Hey baby, I hope your doing good. I got a break right now, just thought I'd say I love you. xoxo