Cant help it!

I turn and forcefully close my eyes to the penetrating sharp rays of the sun. It really happened. He is really gone. I should be happy. I gingerly get out of bed and head to the washroom to clean up. I dress into a knee length sundress and head to the kitchen. Making a toast has always been Dave's part of the morning. Oh God.... I pour cold milk and heave a deep sigh against the counter. I guess I should be getting used to this. Then I remember my best friend Lily. I start trying to come up with all reasonable excuses that I will tell her though I know she will see right through me. As if reading my mind,she calls."Damn you Linda,the hell happened?"she shouts into the phone. She has every right to anyway. I made her believe in love,a thing she swore only to do because she saw I could handle it.I let her down.'morning too,how was your night?' I try to avert what's coming and for once am grateful she is silent." If u that busy,we could catch up some other time.. "I said,crossing my fingers she won't jump into anything." Catch up? Linda,Dave came home last night drunk and dirty.You tell me we will catch up?Girl,what did he do that u couldn't live without? "She asks. I so much want to tell her and explain everything but I find myself lost for words. It seems it really took a toil on him that bad." Linda now listen to me. Am coming over and let me find u inside the house. Don't do anything stupid." She warns and I smile at that. No matter how much I let her down, she always thinks I still got strength. Crazy best friend. I mumble inaudibly "fi...fine"