No chance!

"Lily,you got to be kidding me..what are you going to do with all these luggage,don't you plan on coming back?" I shrieked the moment she stepped out from the bedroom.

"Relax cupcake,you never know what emergency awaits...and don't tell me that's your luggage!"

"At least I plan on coming back!" I said defensively.

She was dialling for a taxi when the doorbell goes. I motion for her that i would  answer it. I open the door and freeze almost immediately. I look at him as if seeing him for the first time and swallow hard. For a moment I restrain myself from lunging into his protective arms and forgettung all my aches but again...he was one of my ache.

"Da..Dave"  I managed to say in between struggles of breathing. He looked past me and saw Lily,who smiled at him as if nothing awful had happened that she wasn't aware of.

"May I?" He asks,looking longingly at me. I rub my shoulders protectively as he passes me and my skin and his get into contact. He slants his head to the side and gazes at me. I know this game. We have always played it when one of us was mad. I would slant and he would kiss me and vice versa. That way our bond grew even in times of quarrels. It was our way of saying 'am still yours even when we fight.'. I quickly averted my eyes from his face and turned my head in the direction where Lily was on the phone.

"Linda...please..." He begun and then stopped as  Lily came where we were.

"Hey Dave,how you feeling" she obviously knew he would feel like shit but she just had to ask. Typicall Lily...

"Like I lost..." Dave answered,keeping his eyes on me.I looked sideways and shook my head.

"Am sorry it turned out this way, I just think I deserve better." I told him to his face fair and square. Lily then burst out with sarcasm evident in her tone.

"Well I fight for Colorado sister!" She says,walking away with the bags.

"I'll be out in a minute." I yell after her. We are left standing in the house alone. I can tell Dave is really worked up right now.He barely has it together.

"Last night,I went home...I went home...drunk" he started.

"So, I hear..." I interrupt him.Just seeing him there and being unable to relate how much he's hurt  me makes me angry the more.

"Please....let me finish..I was drunk,wasted and defeated...one night was enough for me to realize what I needed to do. I needed to be the man you fell in love with. I needed to show you I was worth your love. I needed to make you feel how I promised to always make you feel. I needed you too,Linda... I can't lose you.." He remained staring at the floor as if he were a shy boy. Only that he wasn't.

"Good talk Dave....none of these could have happened had you realized what you needed all along...and am sorry you realized too late...am off to Colorado." I held my sling bag more tightly to my sides and walked out of the house. Out of his life. I walked on as if looking back would mean he hurts me again. At a distance I could hear him shouting,calling for my name but I walked on like my whole life depended on that moment. He ran and just as he was about to hold my hand back and change my mind,I got into the taxi. The driver drove on as if immune to what was happening. Lily,was scared to even look at me as she helplessly watched fresh tears roll down my cheeks. In my thoughts and mind,I could still hear Dave calling out for me...I rolled down the windows and let fresh air in. I bit my lip from the pain that encaged my heart. Lily,put her hand over mine and smiled reassuringly. I smiled back. To her.To the new life ahead....

My people,my people loving the romance between Dave and Linda so far?Lemme know through comments and show some sweet love to Lily for being there for Linda through your votes....let's move on and see what Colorado holds for both hearts..