History Repeats Itself...?

A gunshot echoed throughout the alleyway, but surprisingly, not a single person heard, not even Shido. Mortified and speechless Shido fell to his knees and looked directly forward, at Kurumi, who was currently laughing her head off. 

"How could you," The words barely escaped Shido's mouth. His eyes still fixated on the spot where Kurumi just stood, seconds before she vanished.

"Hmph, good riddance, in my opinion," Kurumi's laughing was diminishing, replaced with a tone full of snideness. "That one was a hard nut to crack," 

Kurumi then started to talk directly to Shido.

"You see, even after I kill and contain my past selves, they can still come back to fulfil the duties I assigned for them," Kurumi frowned. "Since I assigned that self simply to fall for you, I guess she did just that," 

Kurumi giggled.

"But she won't be bothering us anymore, time's taken care of that," Kurumi raised her pistols to the side of her head and grinned evilly. 

"Wh-what time did you send her back to?" Shido's mouth quivering as he spoke

Kurumi grinned even more.

"Oh, just 30 years ago, that spacial quake will take care of her, and if it doesn't, The Spirit of Origin definitely will,"

"Sp-Spacial Quake?" Shido recalled back to the day he first met Tohka, the spacial quake that he witnessed was larger than any other spirits, except for Kurumi's summoned one. He then recalled Reine talk about the very first spacial quake.

"The spacial quake 30 years ago was 10 times the strength of Tohka's, it also contained the highest accumulation of spirit waves that we've ever seen," The words echoed in his mind.

Standing up and regaining his composure, Shido questioned her.

"K-Kurumi, why, WHY DO YOU DO THIS!" Shido didn't even mean to shout, but Kurumi wasn't at all fazed.

Before she could reply, Shido continued to shout.

"YOU GIVE ME A DATE WITH HER, THEN YOU RIP IT ALL AWAY FROM ME AT THE LAST SECOND, THIS TIME, FOREVER!" Tears of fury started to well up in his eyes.

"So, please, just tell me why you can't be sealed, you can have a normal life, a happy life, why do you continue to persist, what is your reason to stay a spirit?"

Exhausted, Shido, took a deep breath and sat down on a nearby bench, awaiting Kurumi's answer, but it never came. Kurumi just stared Shido down, with a confused look on her face.

"Kurumi, answer me,"

"Well, to put it lightly, if I told you the truth, you wouldn't be exactly happy," 

"Please Kurumi, I can handle anything that you can tell me,"

"I'm sorry Shido, it would be too harsh if I told you now, especially if you don't already know,"

"Huh, what do you mean, I don't already know?"

"Here, let me see,"

Kurumi summoned her pistols again and raised her arms to form the number ten position on the clock behind her.

"Zaphkiel, Yud,"

Kurumi then pointed her smaller pistol at Shido, however, Shido wasn't worried, he knew what Yud did, it revealed the memories of the target to the user.

"Let's see, Shido," As she pulled the trigger, Shido suddenly very lightweight, similar to whenever he sealed a spirit. 

Kurumi then pointed her pistol to her temple and pulled the trigger again.

"Well then Shido, let's find out who you really are,"

-A/N, hey guys, hope you like the series so far, next part, I'm going to use first-person pov, where Kurumi will be exploring Shido's memories. I'm planning to use lots non-canon Date a Live references, so yeah, hope you enjoy. Sorry for the Short part, school's really busy, but I promise longer parts from now on so just bear with me :)!