Bound by Fate

The lights in the cinema dimmed, indicating that the movie was going to start. Shido and Kurumi got comfortable in their seats and Kurumi interlocked her fingers with Shido while resting her head on Shido's shoulder in an affectionate way.

Shido put his arm around Kurumi and rested his head on her's. As the movie started, Kurumi moved somewhat closer to Shido (which was quite hard considering that they were in seats separated by an armrest). 

The movie was exactly as Shido said, it was a modern take on the Orihime and Hikoboshi story, where 2 star-crossed lovers were kept apart by the bride's father, they were separated to different ends of the globe where they had to fulfil their celestial obligations, or in this case, their lowly paying jobs to see each other again. 

Shido wasn't overly impressed by the movie, yet he somewhat enjoyed watching it with Kurumi at his side, reminding him of his promise. 

"I'll be there for you Kurumi, whenever you need me, I promise," Shido promised himself in his mind. 

It was near the end of the movie when the 2 main characters finally met again, but this time, there was no bond separating them anymore, they shared a romantic kiss and embraced each other passionately. It followed the cliche romance movie guide, however, something strange happened at the end of the movie that caught Shido's attention. 

It was a scene that played whilst the credits were rolling that showed all of Hikoboshi's friends, male and female leaving him when they saw him and Orihime together. Shido then realised what Kotori meant, it hit him like a punch in the stomach.

"Hey Kurumi, I just need to use the bathroom okay," Shido said dismissively. When Kurumi nodded, Shido then speed-walked to the bathroom where he started to take deep breaths while he dealt with his thoughts. 

"That-that can't happen," 

"I can't fall in true love, otherwise they will leave me," 

Shido almost blacked out at his realization, he just fell in love with someone that will undo all of his past work. 

"No, Tohka, Origami, Yoshino, Kaguya, Yuzuru, Miku, Natsumi, maybe even Kotori," Shido placed his hand over his forehead, "  

"They all mean too much to me, but Kurumi," Shido was torn between the two options, "Kurumi needs to be saved too, she doesn't deserve anything less than the others," 

Shido's words echoed in his mind.

"But every time I sealed the spirits, I didn't fall in love with them, I just wanted to save them, I just wanted them to live a normal life, everybody deserves that, even Kurumi,"

"I have to ignore these feelings, for now, I just need to focus on getting the real Kurumi to reveal herself and then make her fall for me, I haven't seen her since the time where we saved Origami but I have to try to make her appear, I must seal her,"

Shido never tried to seal a spirit without Ratatoskr's help or authority, but he felt determined to save Kurumi, even if he had to fall in love with her to do so. However, as he exited the bathroom, the feeling of losing all his past work still loomed over him.  

"Hey Shido, you were in there for a long time, is there something wrong?" Kurumi asked as she walked over to Shido.

"Everything's fine Kurumi, just needed to dry my hands," Shido lied. "Where do you want to go next Kurumi?"

"I've already chosen this, how about you choose," Kurumi replied.

"How's about we get you something to wear for this occasion, Tanabata should be embraced," Shido recommended.

"Sure, but as long as you pick what I wear!" Kurumi agreed, smiling.

"Alright then, I'll be sure to pick something nice for you," Shido said as he stared at Kurumi's casual black dress. 

"Let's Go Shido!"