Part 11: Vital Information

Takashi Shirogane

April 5, 2068

Man, these new guys are on a roll. Not only have they taken over Olkarion, but as soon as it was on its knees, they took a ship and headed to the Kral Zera, where the altar has remained unlit since Lotor's reign. Since the war, the Galra implemented a group of leaders rather than just one ruler, meaning the Kral Zera, a long Galran tradition, was no longer needed. This new threat took advantage of this, and now, every Galra who didn't fully enjoy the new way, every Galra who only begrudgingly let their empire fall, has sworn their allegiance to this villain. Emperor Yorzak.

Our recruits from planets close to that of Kral Zera followed the unusual parade of ships coming into the system and sent us videos and photos of the interaction. Reports from Galrans, already swearing themselves secretly to spy for us, have given us much needed intelligence.

Emperor Yorzak wants to rule every reality, wanting to help his second in command, a witch named Haggar, complete her research on quintessence. The two reportedly don't act as power crazy as Zarkon and Haggar, and they appear to be more sane. This is not the Haggar we dealt with, and we don't yet know why she is named after that wretched witch.

Haggar is clearly Altean, and she appears to be capable with magic. Yorzak, as expected, is Galran, and the two look to be close. This is vital information that will be crucial to ridding the universe of evil... once again.

Since his lighting of the ceremonial flame, Galran ships have been sighted all around the remains of Olkarion. Earlier today, Lance called me urgently, saying he tried to call Bo again, but it was answered by Galran soldiers. This can only mean that Bo is hostage on one of those ships. Perhaps they know of their relations, and want to strike a deal.

We have a plan to retrieve him by tomorrow, though. After all, he's a Paladin of Voltron. Maybe with no training, and he's never seen his lion, but a Paladin nonetheless. A teammate. We're not going to let him down.

First, we'll need as many lions as we can find. I've commissioned the present Paladins to reach out through their bonds, search with their minds. They're much better at the mental stuff than our team. It's actually pretty surprising.

We've got the location of the Red Lion on hand. It revealed itself to Adrian by drawing his focus on a map of Altea. He's already on his way with Veronica, who volunteered at the first chance.

Micah and Ally found their lions to be in the same locations Hunk and Lance found them, which is actually super helpful, because Iverson could go immediately with Ally to the desert. I wanted to go too, but Ally requested I stay here in case anyone needed to get through to us.

a/n kinda spoilers

Coran went with Micah to go get Yellow. That's sure to be a fun adventure. Since the end of the war, he's been working with the Holts to develop a teledouv technology that would be compatible with any person with a wisp of Altean magic, making it functional for Romel.

As well as that, they managed to find the old plans for the castle on a harddrive in an Altean pod found crashed on a once bustling planet. It was quite a discovery. Coran guesses 'Pop Pop' used it to escape the destruction of Altea, but it crash landed due to the landing gear malfunctioning. We're not quite sure what happened after that, but the information was intact, so Coran used it. It's taken years, but the New Castle ready for take off now.

Due to the urgency of the situation, we've moved our takeoff date forward. Everyone should be ready to leave by 0600 hours tomorrow morning. We're on our way, Bo.