Ch.4 the fear

Pitch's pov:
I had to find out who she was and if she would disturb my plan. All of my nightmares had ran back into my Labyrinth for the day, but i decided to follow her and see if I could approach her. She flew overhead as I hid in the shadows of the trees and eventually we stopped outside of the town jack usually hangs out at ( great, hopefully I won't bump into that dumbass today. That's the last thing I need). She landed on the road outside of town and began to walk. I continued behind the tree line as she walked on the side walk. She walked through a group of people. I think she expected them to see her because she paused for a second while they walked through her. But she had turned and went up to a statue in the middle of town and looked at it. But I guess something caught her eye because she walked up to a lamp post with a poster on it. Then she noticed her reflection in the window of a store. She stood there staring for about three minutes and then ran into an alley and proceeded to vomit.
She then sat down and curled up in fetal position. I could feel her immense fear. It was stronger than most I've ever felt. I quickly walked up to the poster and looked at it.
Holy shit. It's her. As I read the poster it described her. I began to walk over to the girl. And as I did I could feel a calming and soothing aura around her. I felt completely safe. Something I haven't felt for a very very long time. She was now breathing very hard and crying profusely. I had never seen anyone cry that hard. I started feeling worried about her. ( wait. When the hell did I care about anyone else? She must have a strange effect on people with her aura.) but still I was curious. As I walked up to her I noticed that the puddle that she had vomited was a dark and murky color.
What the hell? I calmly touched her shoulder and she flinched and fell to her back on the ground.

" w-who are you?"

She said in a scared and quivering voice.

"My name is pi"

I was then struck in the back of the head with something.
I turned around only to be face to face with jack.
(Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck)
the one person I didn't wanna see today. Goddamnit. I got back on my feet and ran away as fast as I could back into the shadows. Why did I care about if she was ok at all? I should have loved the feeling of her pain and fear but i didn't. Why?