Ch.5 the fireflies

Lyra's pov:
"North" as jack has called him was lumbering over to me with the biggest smile I've ever seen on a person. Quite frankly it scared the fuck out of me. I flew backward and up before he could hug me.

" aw jack this one doesn't like hugs does she?"

" no I don't but I'll settle for a handshake."

I came down and stuck my hand out for him

" my name is Lyra. And I was told that you are Santa....Am I correct?"

He grabbed my hand and vigorously shook it which threw off my balance.

" yes! I am the Santa but you can call me north!"

" cool. Cool."

" so Lyra. What are you spirit of? Obviously you can fly but what makes you. You?"

I had to stop and think for a moment. All I can do is make fireflies and fly. Not much if you ask me

" I'm not sure. The man on the moon said I'm a protector of the lost and alone. But I'm not sure what that means. All I can do is make fireflies."
He stood there for a second and thought.

" could I see the fireflies? It's mostly too cold up here for them and I never get to see them. I hear they are beautiful!"

I didn't even have to close my eyes as I felt this aura of calm wash over me and the fireflies appeared again.

" ни фига себе! (I'll be damned! Wow!)That it's truly amazing! There are so many!"

Him and jack stared at the fireflies as the flew over to both of them and rested on them

" I think you are also able to instantly calm people! There is an area of affect with the fireflies. Kinda like living Serotonin!"

Jack had exclaimed from the other side of the room. He was looking at the little bugs of light that had landed in his hair.
It was as if they were high off the aura because north was laying on the ground giggling to himself and jack was flying through them shaking them up and making them fly around again.
Then I heard a cough come from behind me. It came from a tall weird kangaroo thing with long rabbit ears. He blew away a couple for the fireflies with a huff and did not look happy.

" ummm jack who is that!?"

I asked a little worried

" aye jack. Who's the Sheila?"

Jack had also noticed the person and greeted him

" hey hops! You came just in time to meet Lyra!"
"
The rabbit was not very nice looking and he gave me an evil eye as he walked past me to north.

" north. I need to talk to you and jack... in private."

As north stumbled up and tried to play his cool he put on a serious face and asked what was the matter.

" what's up bunny? Is there a problem?"

" not here... in another room.You to jack,This is serious."

Jack gave me a look of worry but told me to stay right here and he'll be back in a second.
I wonder what's going on. But I guess it's none of my business so I'll just stay here.
As I sat myself on a near by table I had noticed tiny looking people.
They were wearing  strange hat dress things but it looked adorable. I'm guessing those are elves.
There were also giant furry people walking around making things and toys. One came up to me with a cup on a tray and gave it to me.

" oh! For me? Thanks!"

" blrahajaha!"

I'm guessing to was a welcome because I had no idea what to said. I took a sip from the cup and to my delight it was hot chocolate.
I was about to drink the rest when I felt the same feeling in my gut from last night. I had to go.

" hey mister Wookiee thing lady person?Could you tell north that I have to leave because someone is in trouble and needs my help...Thank you!"

And with that I flew off out the way I came in. I was to far away to get there in time but, I kept flying faster and faster until I couldn't see anything around me but a blur. I could only feel where they were.

Looks like Im on another mission.