Ch.6 the new friend

{time skip about eight years. To present day}
Lyra's pov:
It's been a while since I first met jack and we have become friends. But strangely enough I haven't even seen a glimpse of pitch black at all.
I had just finished helping a group of lost hikers back to their camp in Yellowstone park and I was just flying around waiting for something else to do. The sun was just setting and I could see the stars already.
Most of my time i am just a guide but I feel as if I am meant to be much more than this.
Over the last couple of years I've been getting little glimpses into my past life. Most of the memories are good ones but there are a couple of worrisome ones.
I figured out that my fireflies themselves could go to lost souls and help them so I could be in more than one places at once. Wich is very helpful because an lot of people get lost.
I don't usually talk to the guardians anymore but I did get to meet sandman because I was helping a teen find her way home safely after a party and he was at her house giving out dreams on the rooftop. I figured out he doesn't talk but he's pretty nice tho.
My train of thought had crashed to a halt when I had the similar feeling that someone was watching me. Through the trees I could see a small lake so I decided to land there. As I did I took a a look around my surroundings but I didn't see anyone in the trees. From behind me I heard the breaking of twigs and I felt a large weapon go by my head when I dodged it and pulled out my own weapon. It was a long sword what looked like it was made out of glowing metal. The familiar super tall dark figure that had attacked me wasn't expecting me to have a weapon so I was able to have the upper hand. As they tried to land another blow I deflected it easily. Who ever it was wasn't very skilled with a weapon. But I guess I was because I was able to quickly and efficiently unarm them and I had my blade at their throat. They had backed up into the water and was looking a bit pitiful in the knee high water. Finally after struggling to sit up they had surrendered. when the light of my blade lit up their face I could see that it was pitch black.

" pitch? What the hell are you doing here? And why the fuck did you attack me?"

" because you work for the guardians and you are a threat to my plans."

"Work for the guardians? I haven't even talked to them in about three years. And how am I a threat to your plans? I haven't even seen you since that day in the alley."

He tried to scramble up but I planted my foot on his cape thing so he couldn't get far.

" get off of my cape you vial woman!"

" oh so now I am vial am I? Tell me pitch do you even know my name?"

He eyed me up and down and then smiled.

" no my dear but you could tell me if you wanted"

He had climbed up out of the clear water up to me in a sultry way and before he could get any closer I put my blade at his neck to stop him.

" flattery won't get you far pitch."

His eyes had glowed golden in the light and he gently pushed away the blade and put his hand out for me to shake. He dropped the act and began talking like normal again

" since you know who I am would you mind telling me who you are?"

I hastily shook his hand. As I did I had that gut feeling but this time it was different than all those times before. This time who was lost was right in front of me. I felt seriously confused because he didn't look like he needed help. I let go of his hand and took a closer look at this guy. Nothing about him screamed helpless but then again you can't always trust what you see. I decided I should warm up to him and maybe I'll help him.

" my name is Lyra and even though you were being kinda rude I think we should have a fresh start and put the whole attacking me with that big ass scythe thing behind us. What do you think?"

I said while pointing at the large weapon in the water. He looked down at it and the back to me. I could tell he was even more confused then before and it took him a second to reply.

" sure. Why not? I have nothing better to do and you look in dire need of a friend."

I rolled my eyes at him

" great! I'll catch you some other time. I've got to go! Kinda busy. Bye!"

And I flew off into the night. To be honest he was cute when he looked bewildered. But once again I was off looking for something to do.