Ch.11 the kiss

Pitch's pov:
I had to get away from adine and all of the nightmares. I noticed that less and less of the nightmares would listen to me. I slipped out of the shadows on the top of a cliff by the sea. I would come here sometimes when the weight of everything would stress me out.
It was sun set and the sky was a beautiful orange,red and purple. It's been a while since I sat here just watching time go by.
So this was it. I knew the fearlings would tire of me but was it going to be so soon? I was kind of glad that adine didn't die so she could take them away so I could be with my daughter. But now that she is back to continue destroying the universe it made me think of how much I liked the intoxicating feeling of fear and how much power it gave me. I would have to find a way to fully get rid of adine. And if that means getting rid of the fearlings and the power they gave me then I would do it. I would do it for my daughter and for Rae. She died protecting me from adine once. Maybe she could help me again. But she doesn't remember me.
All I could do was sit on the edge of the cliff and think about Rae and what she did for me. I would do anything to have her back.
I was to deep in thought to hear the footsteps coming from behind me. I felt someone sit next to me. I practically towered over her because of our height difference. When I looked next to me. Rae/Lyra was looking at me with a soft smile.

" hi Lyra. Come back for me so soon? It's only been a day."

" I know. But since your my friend and all I wanted to ask you a couple of questions."

" I've got nothing else to do. Sure why not."

" ok well i recently found out that I'm not from here...This planet I guess idk... And tooth told me that you are the only other person that isn't from here that she knows of. So I was kind of wondering because I had a dream/ memory of a war and a general wich now that I think of looks a lot like you and I guess i am trying to ask if you know who I am."

I couldn't think. She was looking up at me with her bright eyes. Her eyes that were large and round and grey. I could only stare back into them. I couldn't hold myself together anymore. Tears started flooding my eyes and I hugged her. I could feel how warm she is and how soft her skin is. I just sat there and cried for a couple of minutes. She hugged me back and patted my hair. After a while I pulled off of her and smiled.  She looked up at me waiting for a response.

" yes, yes I do know you... You used to be my commanding officer on the field."

"REALLY!!! WHAT WAS MY NAME?"

He face lit up with excitement and she had the biggest smile on her face. I almost started crying again. She still was the adorable Rae I remembered.

" your name used to be Raven. But I used to call you Rae. I used to be your mentor and you used to be my closest friend."

" oh! Oh!!!! Your name used to be kosmotis didn't it? And,and I remember adine! I remember that!"

I hadn't heard my old name in a long long long time. My heart dropped. This was the proof I needed. This was Rae. How much does she remember?

" yes! Yes. That was my name. But he is gone  now I am not the man you used to remember Rae. Do you mind if I call you that?

I had reached my hand up to her face to caress her cheek . She held my hand up to her face and closed her eyes. Her smile deepened.

" no. I don't mind you calling me that. It feels normal to me. Should I call you kosmotis or do you prefer pitch? I don't remember a lot but what i do are only good things. I remember the first day I met you and I remember how adorable your daughter is. Where is Jane now?"

Jane. My daughter. My face lost its smile.

" she hates me now. She was very sad when you left. And after I changed she hated my guts. She hasn't talked to me since. That was eons ago. I don't mind if you call me kosmotis."