Ch.10 the man in the moon

Lyra's pov:
I was just standing there on that platform thinking. Jack and tooth were having a deep conversation and I could hear my name pop up a lot. Then I had an idea.

" what is I were to ask MIM who I used to be myself? We know where he is."

Jack and tooth stoped and looked at me as if I had slapped them or something.

" Lyra. I don't think it works like that. The last person ever to see him in person was sandman, and that was almost a thousand years ago. The last time I even talked to him was when jack was summoned to be a guardian."

Jack looked at tooth with even more confusion than before

" so it is possible to talk to him. I just have to ask sandy how he did it."

" wait. Sandy actually saw him? Could I see him? Or. Or all of us could go see him!"

Tooth was now regretting her choice of words.

" I have to go find sandy. Do you know where he is tooth?"

She gave a defeated sigh and said he was probably on the other side of the world handing out dreams. I thanked her profusely and gave her and jack a thank you hug before I zoomed out of the giant palace.
I headed west toward the sunset because with the fall of darkness comes people falling asleep and having dreams. I searched for the golden sand for a while. I finally saw him in London on top of Big Ben sitting and watching his sand. I flew up to him.

" hi sandman! How's the dreams going?"

He waved to me and patted the spot next to him. Telling me to sit and talk. So I did. Above his head there showed up pictures of a happy face and and eye and then a little depiction of me.

" I'm happy to see you to sandy. I have a question. If you don't mind me asking.

More pictures above his head. A thumbs up.

" ok cool. So tooth told me that you got to meet MIM and how you might know how I could go see him. Is it possible?

His face lost its smile but he shook his head yes. Then a question mark appeared above his head.

" why? Well it's kind of a long story but basically. I might not have actually died and me and jack went to see tooth to see my memories so I could figure out how I became a spirit but she couldn't find me anywhere it's like I never existed but she said that I could just not be from here like pitch and then I asked her if I could talk to MIM about who I used to be and she said that the only person who has ever seen him was you and that gave me the idea to come and ask you if it is possible. So yeah."

He just sat there thinking for a minute. A blur of pictures washed over his head but after about ten minutes he finally made up his mind. Above his head there was a picture of a ship and the moon.

" are you telling me that I have to ride a boat to see him?"

He nodded

" I was thinking. Do you think it would be a good idea to bring you guys with me? Just so we all could ask our own questions."

Again he nodded his head. But then he made a picture above his head that looked like pitch.

" should I bring pitch also?"

He had a concerned look on his face but he nodded again.

" do you know where we could find this ship?"

Again another nod.

" cool. Can you make me a map of where it is?"

He stood up and waved his hands around and out of golden sand he created a map. And where the ship was supposed to be was inside of a deep deep trench in the ocean. The Mariana Trench to be exact.

" it's in the deepest point of the ocean. I don't know if I can get it by myself. I'll need help."

But before I could fly off sandy grabbed my arm. Above his head there was a ship in a bottle.

" it's in a bottle? So is it gonna be in a shipwreck?"

He shook his head yes.

" thank you sandy. I promise you I won't let you down!"

And as he floated off to give more people dreams. I realized something. I need help getting to the bottom of the ocean. And I think I know just the person who can help me. Hopefully he will want to help me.
Hopefully he will give me a chance to show him I am worthy of being his friend.