Kick Back

September 3rd
6:00pm

After the girls came home and we ate, August pretty much locked himself in his brother's old room since. The doors were the ones without locks on them, but he was definitely stowed away in there for about three hours now.

Cardi and I used this time to get ready and help his family prepare for this evening. We helped clean, cook, plus ordered some side dishes and even made a run to the liquor store with one of his cousins to buy some beers, vodka and other drinks.

I wore a light washed denim shorts and a white off the shoulder shirt, a pair of Gucci slides and some silver accessories.

Cardi wore a black sweat suit with white stripes and white sandals

The 'kick back' is supposed to be starting at 7, but some of his family members arrived earlier

The 'kick back' is supposed to be starting at 7, but some of his family members arrived earlier. A lot of them I haven't met before so Ms. Sheila and August grandma introduced Cardi and I to them.

Cardi "Where's August?"

Dream "Still upstairs." I said putting some of the drinks to chill in the cooler while Cardi stocked some of them in fridge.

Cardi "Does he even know about this?"

Dream "No."

Cardi "Well you should go talk to him then. What are you waiting for?"

Dream "Honestly I'm kinda scared about how he'll react. I don't want to overstep, you know?"

Cardi "Well if you don't tell him now it will be too late. You see all them people outside? He's about to find out anyway."

Dream "What people?"

Cardi looked at me and sighed.

Cardi "Come." She dragged me over to the front of the house and had me peek through the window which made me gasp.

Dream "Wow." I said looking at a bunch of men who lined off the porch, front steps and some were on the sidewalk just chilling. Most were around August and Mel's age but there were also some old heads out there too.