01: The Lockdown (Lorelei)

A/N: What if our beloved QED-4 are stuck in Clark High due to the lockdown in response to the threat of coronavirus?

In this special edition of the Project LOKI series, we're gonna see how life is gonna be for our favorite high school detectives and how they're gonna cope with the situation.

Join the discussion online using the hashtag #PLLockdown!

LORELEI

I HAVE never thought that one day, our lives would change in the snap of a finger. Parang pagkagising namin sa isang araw, nagbago na ang lahat. Kung noon, nae-enjoy namin ang bawat araw, ngayon hinihintay na lang naming lumipas ang mga 'to, umaasa na darating ang panahon na tapos na ang pangamba namin.

The things that we used to enjoy? Now they're out of reach.

The things that we take for granted? Now we're missing.

Well, life has some surprises in store for us. Sometimes it catches us off guard. We never know what's gonna hit us next.

Life is also a great teacher—probably the best. If you're not a fool, you learn from it. But if you're a fool, you're gonna miss a lot.

If there's any takeaway from what happened to us, it's how we can be more appreciative of the freedom and the choices we have, among other things.

Let me tell you about that time when our world almost got thrown into chaos.

"FINALLY!" my friend Loki exclaimed, stretching out his arms. Hawak-hawak pa niya ang ginamit na gunting habang nag-uunat ng braso. "We're done with the totally satisfying task of cutting all those crepe paper and turning them into life-changing confetti."

I sensed sarcasm in his voice. If he only had a choice, he'd sneak out of this room and do something else.

"Hey, can you put that down?" utos ko. We sat next to each other. I'm within his range kaya kung magkamali ng galaw ang kanyang kamay, posibleng masugatan niya ako. "Baka may matamaan ka pa."

"What if I cut my bangs? Like what idiots do when they are bored?" Thankfully, he listened to me and placed the scissors back on the table. "I wonder what we're gonna do next? Practice our calligraphy skills for stage designs? Knit costumes for the event performers?"

Loki Mendez is not a fan of doing "mundane" tasks. I've known him for months now so I can tell. He hates it. No, he despises it! Mas sanay kasi siya sa mga bagay kung saan ginagamit ang utak, gaya sa pagka-crack ng code at pag-solve ng mga case.

Pang-ilan beses na ba kaming gumupit ng confetti? Three or four times already? Basta kapag may paparating na event, kami lagi ang ina-assign sa ganitong duty. And Loki was not amused. If you only saw his when our boss told us to cut confetti again, you'd see someone's about to get murdered.