12: Storm is Coming (Luthor)

A/N: We have another guest POV chapter: our very own Luthor Mendez!

LUTHOR

"You better prepare, Mr. Vice President. A storm is coming."

I HAVE been thinking about what Stein Alberts told me. Whether it's legitimate or not, I take every warning very seriously. It would be a grave mistake on my part to dismiss it as nothing but an empty threat.

The student council has been doing everything in its power to maintain peace and order on the campus. The first night was challenging, given that we haven't had enough preparation in circumstances such as this one. The first day was equally challenging as we try to fix what is needed to be fixed and to improve what is needed to be improved.

I have anticipated that sometime during our takeover of the campus, someone would try to challenge our efforts. Some people are hard to please. They won't be easily satisfied no matter what we do. Even if we sacrifice ourselves, they would still be unimpressed. However I found it unimaginable on why someone would think of seizing power from us this early. This is only the first day of the school lockdown.

The question that lingers on my mind right now is: Where would the attack come from? The message that Stein had received failed to give us an idea of who might be brewing this plot.

I put my hands behind my back as I watched from the rooftop the students below. Everyone's trying to get themselves entertained. Some were playing outdoor games. Some were having a picnic on the lawn. Any form of distraction would suffice to ease their boredom and loneliness.

Could it be possible that one of these students is planning to revolt against the student council? Is one of them already gathering his forces as early as now, waiting for the perfect opportunity to strike?

"Mr. Vice President, kumpleto na ho ang student council officers sa baba."

I took in some air then exhaled. It hasn't been twenty-four hours since the lockdown, but I felt exhausted already. Never have I ever felt this way before. My fellow officers would say the same. We have been going back and forth to every facility, checking the status of the students.

Slowly I turned around and looked at the female COCC cadet who delivered the news. "Thank you."

She and her three other cadets escorted me downstairs until we reached the ground floor. Upon reaching the landing, we marched toward the west wing of the school building.

Now that I'm aware of this coup plot, my decision to have every member of the student council escorted by the cadets was appropriate. However, it could be a double-edged sword that would potentially hurt us too.

How so?

In the history of governments, it is always the military who stages a coup against the administration. In Clark High, the student council is the administration. The COCC cadets are the military. We govern. They keep us safe and secure.