- prologue -

ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ:  pretty girl by clairo ————————————⚪———◄◄▐▐ ►►

————————————⚪———
◄◄▐▐ ►►

2:46/3:14 ───○   🔊   ᴴᴰ ⚙️

yoongi's pov

i was never really a sports kinda boy.  i always liked spending my time doing arts or reading.  my parents didn't really mind, although every once in a while, they'd tell me to go play outside.

i had a small, feminine body features unlike other boys and i hated that.  i also wore round glasses, since my eyesight wasn't too good.  i could wear contacts if i wanted to, but sticking silicone hydrogel up your eyes doesn't seem very nice, it seems scary to me for some reason.

when i was in middle school as an eighth grader, i started to notice that i wasn't very attracted to females as much as males.  i don't know, boys just caught my eyes more.  that's when i realized my sexuality.  that i'm. . .homosexual, or as most people call boys who are more appealed by their own sex, gay.

i decided to finally tell my parents before going to high school, and it didn't turn out so well.  they started hitting me when i did something wrong instead of the usual hugs and comforting words.  they started to call me offensive names that i don't want to talk about.  even when i went to high-school and told my 'friends' that i was gay, they all started to bully me and call me offensive names.

i really hated myself, sometimes, i feel like things will actually start to get better.  but i could be wrong. probably that.

i was making my way to school, it was a monday morning.  i had my backpack on, walking down the sidewalk.  it was calm.  i like how mornings are usually quiet, it feels nice.

"hey!  yoongi!  wait up!" a voice yells.  i turn around to see kihyun, my stupid yet kind friend, running up to me. 

"i was waiting for you but you took forever to get ready!" i shout back to him as he catches up to me and walks by my side.

"sorry, i kinda overslept." kihyun tells me, rubbing the back of his nape as he smiled sheepishly.  i nodded as a response to him while i also pushed my glasses up.

the rest of the walk to school was silent.  a comfortable silence at that.  once we could see our high-school, beotkkot high, we stopped walking.  "i guess i'll see you at lunch then." i say, looking at kihyun.  ". . .yep.  see you there." he responds.