- eight -

black background/wallpaper preferred

〜✨〜 black background/wallpaper preferred

I'm alone now but it's better for me

yoongi's pov

"where the fuck do you think you've been going these past three weeks?!" dad asks, slurring his words, reeking of alcohol. it's quite obvious that he's drunk.

"no-nowhere! i-i've just been studying at the library more!" i lie.  lately, i've been hanging out with jungkook after school most days. it's just something about him that makes me feel like i'm worth something. actually, no. that sounds stupid.  i'll just admit it, i have a crush on jeon jungkook.  but it's even stupider to think that he'll ever like me back. 

"liar, tell me the damn truth!"

"okay fine!" i yell.  "i-i've been hanging out with a friend. . ." i mumble quietly, playing with my fingers as i look at the kitchen floor.

my dad stays quiet, probably waiting for me to tell him more.

"w-we've just been talking to each other and stuff, th-that's all!" i stutter, eyeing the empty liquor bottle in his right hand.

"really? who might this friend be? why haven't you introduced me to that person yet, huh?! or are you just making up another lie? like what you always do."

"i-i'm not lying! i swear! i-if you want to know his name so bad it's jeon jungkook!"

my dad pauses for a second before he starts lowly chuckling to himself, tossing the liquor bottle from one hand to another, back and fourth. "jeon jungkook? isn't that the student who aces every single one of his classes without getting anything below a ninety? the student that has lots of other friends?"

i look at the ground, trying to avoid any eye contact with him as i push my glasses back up. "yeah, that's the jeon jungkook i'm talking about."

"why would a someone like him. . .want to be friends with a nobody like you?" my dad laughed while i held back the tears in my eyes as i pretend that those words didn't hurt me. i must be really bad at pretending or something because my dad saw right through me.

he bent down, placing his thumb under my chin to lift up my face so that he could see me clearer. "aww, are you gonna start crying? did i hurt your feelings?"

his breath is literally corrupted with alcohol, ugh, i hate him.

"let go of me" i say, attempting to grab his wrist until dad almost scared the shit out of me by literally yelling in front of my face. "hit me! if you want me to let go of you them hit me! c'mon! do your worst! fight me! or are you too weak to even raise your hand at me? are you that scared of me?! huh pretty girl?!"