Chapter 3: Learning how to walk again

Valon and Amelda could still remember how Princess Yugi lost her ability to walk.

[Flashback]

It all happened on a cold winter night and they are celebrating Emperor Timaeus and Queen Helba's twenty-fifth wedding anniversary.

Princess Yugi is around ten years old and she is walking around the palace looking for her older brother Crown Prince Critias when she heard a loud thud and she immediately went to the source of that sound.

Lord Aster from Italy is walking around the palace drunk and bump into one of the servants whose holding a tray of wine. He got mad when his expensive clothes got wet. He is so furious that he start beating the poor servant.

Princess Yugi tries to stop Lord Aster but he is blind of  his anger and drunk state that he backhand slap Princess Yugi making Princess Yugi hit her back hard on a shelf full of vases making Princess Yugi lay on the floor unconscious as the vases start to fall along with the shelf on her.

The sound resonates in the entire palace and they heard the servant scream. Valon and Amelda is patrolling around when they heard the commotion and immediately check it out.

They saw Lord Aster trembling as he keeps repeating 'I didn't mean it' while Valon immediately help Princess Yugi while Amelda called the other guards to bring Lord Aster to the cell room while he and the servant who was involve in the accident went with him to report to the Emperor.

After Amelda told everything along with the servant what happened, the celebration stopped and they all got worried of Princess Yugi who is currently on the medical ward and is getting treated while Emperor Timaeus comfort his wife as they went to where Princess Yugi is currently located.

Crown Prince Critias is already there worried of his sister when the healer came out and told him the news. His parents came and he told them what the doctor told him.

“Head Healer Reika said that alot of vase shards stab on Yugi's legs and that she's afraid Yugi can't walk anymore due to the heavy damage on her legs and waist...” Crown Prince Critias said inbetween his sobs.

“I will make sure that Lord Aster will pay for what he did” Emperor Timaeus said as he left to inform the King of Italy about what one of his Lord has done and Lord Aster's punishment is that he is stripped off on his position, power and freedom. He will now work as a slave in Italy so he would know what the common people feels and learn from it.

The first three weeks is painful for them. Princess Yugi couldn't walk and is now sitting on a wooden wheel chair. It breaks their heart to see their beloved Princess stuck in her wooden chair and admire how she stay strong despite of her disability.

Three years have passed since then when they receive an invitation from Egypt to invite Princess Yugi to come since the Crown Prince and Prince of Egypt is looking for their wives and all the single Princesses are invited.  Another letter is attached to the letter and it says that they could help Princess Yugi walk again and that's when they decide to give it a try.

[Back to the Present]

They decide to check Princess Yugi again whose currently being treated by Isis, the head healer of  the palace.

“I'm happy to announce that Princess Yugi's legs are fully healed and all we have to do now is monitor her and starting today after I massage her legs, you two will assist Princess Yugi to help her stand up and if it hurts let her sit for awhile till it doesn't hurt anymore then try to make her do some steps and if she can't do it anymore, stop it and continue again the next day. ” Isis said as she smile at Princess Yugi, Valon and Amelda who listen and thank her.

[Time Skip]

Crown Prince Atem and Prince Yami just finished their studies and decided to unwind in the garden when they heard some voices. They hid behind a pillar and took a peek. They saw Valon and Amelda assisting Princess Yugi to walk as she slowly took a step as she endures the pain so her dream to be able to walk by her own will come true.

Princess Yugi decide that she had enough for today and inform Valon and Amelda.

“good work for today Princess, tomorrow we will try again” Valon said as he stroke Princess Yugi's hair.

“Do you want some food? We can get you some while you rest in here for awhile” Amelda said while sitting on the grass as he massage Princess Yugi's legs like Isis had suggest.

“if its alright, thank you Valon-niichan, Almeda-niichan for helping me on my path to walk again” Princess Yugi said as she is thankful for their help.

“you're welcome, its only a small matter compare to what you have done for me, Valon and Raphael. We are forever indebt of you for if it wasn't for you, me and our family will be dead in hunger way back when you were five years old” Amelda replies as he smile at her.

“Amelda is right, wait for us and we will just grab some food” Valon said as Princess Yugi nods and waves at them as she remain seated on the bench.

Princess Yugi looks around as she admires the garden not knowing that the Crown Prince and Prince of Egypt is admiring her from afar as they watch her sing while the birds joins her making her laugh as her amethyst eyes shine from the sunlight making the two princes blushes while watching her when suddenly one by one some male sevants and soldiers came to her and gave her some flowers which she accept and thank them as they left with grins on their faces making the two Prince frown and they left after they made sure Amelda and Valon came back with food so they could eat.

[The next day at the banquet room]

Crown Prince Atem and Prince Yami is getting annoyed at the Princesses trying to cling into them except Princess Yugi whose just sitting on the chair talking with Queen Helwa and Pharaoh Aknamkannon while their friend Priests and cousin protects the two Princes.

“say princess, I heard you are quite a singer,can you sing for us? ” Pharaoh Aknamkannon asked Princess Yugi as he would like to know if the rumors were true.

“I'm not that good my Pharaoh, my Queen but I will do my best” Princess Yugi said before she starts singing making everyone stop and look at the source of the beautiful voice as she sings while they begin to surround them making all who hear Princess Yugi sing calm and relax.

[A/N]

will update whenever I have an idea popped in my mind :3 thank you for all who read, comment, vote and save this on their reading list