Chapter 27

Mikaela

"Dont ya think youre a little too dressed up for an appointment ma?" August snickered as I approached the vehicle.

I eyed him, " whats that supposed to mean?"

He smirked and shrugged,  " ion know, just thinkin you might be getting cute fa doctor miracle"

I raised an eyebrow at him, "Dr. Miracle??" I asked as I hopped up in the suv.

"Yeah...ole boy our age but is top of his field" he said as he scooted into the seat next to me.

I let out a little laugh, " says the 22 year old worth millions"

"I kno, im just fuckin wit ya....hard work pays of fa niggas, long as dey willin to put in work" he said pointing a finger at me as if he was this old and wise man giving life lessons.

"Got that right," T said from the driver's seat.

"So Monty what time you heading out to Cali?" T asked as I adjusted my seatbelt to fit my tummy.

"My flight is an hour before you guys, at 6:30." I said getting excited again about going to work for Beyonce.

"I see you...all up in the sunshine and out this cold ass weather" T joked as I giggled.

"You know how it is T, anywhere with sunshine im happy"

"Fuck yea I do know. Flawda boi" he added, " but im gonna miss you and my godbabies"

I smiled at his words. All tour long T was by my side and he really was a great friend. "Awww shucks," I joked, "I'll miss you two T" I said to him and leaned forward hugging him (and the back of his seat) from behind.

"Well arent yall Pip and Pop now," August teased but smiled.

Terrance chuckled as I leaned back into my seat, " what? You mad or nah?" I teased August back.

"Aint he always when it comes to you?" Terrance replied before we both laughed at him

He smirked, " enough of this blazay blah....turn da radio up man T"

Terrance obliged and we basically rode the rest of the way with some Iggy and T.I.

***********

August

"Miss Montgomery. Mr Alsina. Good to see you two again," Dr Young said as we sat in da office.

"Good seein ya too Doc," I replied just to see Mikaela smilin and starin at da man. I chuckled to myself cause she kinda reminded me of some of ma fans.

"So tell me how youve been since our last visit?" He asked positioning himself to face her.

She sat up and cleared her throat, " uhhhh....good" was all she could manage. I shook ma head.

"Overall she been good doc. Just the vomiting on and off, she mentioned her breasts achin and mo' pressure down below" I explained to him.

She momentarily snapped out of her gaze and looked at me surprised,  " you remember all of that?"

I nodded like it was nothin, " I listen to ya"

A small smile came across her lips but then he spoke again and da trance began all over.

"Hmm alright. Well I'll have to prescribe something stronger for the nausea....lets get you weighed and then an ultrasound.

She nodded and got up following him to the scale.

"Weight is good," he said then motioned her towards the reclining chair to do da ultrasound.

I crossed ma ankles and watched as he set up da equipment.