16

It was a new day in the life of Elliott as he enter the break room of Market Quest. In his hands was a half gallon bottle full of Farmer Ernest's Oh So Sweet Apple Cider!

One for him and the other for...

"Yo Ellie!" Yani yelled out at the far left corner of the room.

Heading to her, he hand his Best Friend the cider. "Got this for you from the Farmers."

"Shut up. You been telling me about their apple cider. I'mma try it tonight!" Yanni said, clapping her hands.

"Straight from Ed and Jedd, it's the best. They gave me a sneak peek of it before they give it to the public in two weeks during the Fall Carnival. Just hide it. Some people will kill for this."

With a nod, the Best Friends rip hid the large drinks into the back of the refrigerator.

Closing the door, his eyes glance at the person who came into the room next to him.

It was Tawna.

"Hey Ta-"

"Sorry, can't talk, running late." She interrupted, speeding past by Elliott.

He sighed as he watch her out the room. Lately she's been running late to work at the Pharmacy.

The problem about that was that she works at 2. It's 1:20.

"I'm going to punch her" Ayanna said him, receiving a silent anger look. "Dude, she's tripping. She just lied to you."

"Something is bothering her, okay. I'm not going to bother her by questioning her. She has her own life and she can handle it. I'm just apart of it."

Elliott shrug his shoulders as he sat down. Something was up with his crush. She's been avoiding him since a week ago, they shared a kiss.

The Hero wanted to talk to her, but he knew it'll just make things worse between them. He'll just let Tawna do her thing.

It hurt him. But more importantly was what she said about him being lucky on the situations he's been in ad his human self.

As for Drago, it was even weirder that there hasn't been much Gnorc appearance. It made him worry because if a enemy hasn't shown up lately, the next fight will be difficult as it will be much powerful than the past Gnorcs.

The Hero continue practicing his fighting skills. But whatever magic Mavis will conjure, he'll be there to stand against the Wizard and the minions he summons.

No matter how tough they are.

"Elliott!" Someone said. Looking towards the door where the voice came from, it was a Manager who look like he saw a ghost.

"Manager Matt?"

A tall, slightly chubby man wearing glasses waved at him to come see him. Walking over, the Associate was nervous as his Boss ask for him.

"Um, yes Sir?"

"Hey, uh, we're letting you off early today."

Elliott felt his heart drop at the sound of being let go. "B-B-B-But..."

"We'll pay you for the day. You got visitors that would like to see you. Take care, Elliott."

Quickly running off to his Manager, Elliott plead to know what happen, till he was confronted by a mixed creature that was half dingo, half crocodile wearing jeans.

But a certain shirt got the Local Hero worried "oh, crap."

"Ello mate. Our Boss wants to speak to you."