28

Thursday came around and it was time for the Mase City Halloween Party. People in the city gather around the Mase City Epicentre for the Bar Crawl, the Hay Ride led by Ed and Jedd or the haunted house at the Rooftop where the party was taking place.

Tawna stare at the city lights that lit up, showing the beauty. There wasn't much times she gotten the chance to look at this. But it was the last time she will and she hope it was on better terms.

"Still thinking about him?" Yani asked, dressed as Jessica Jones, drinking a beer, handing her one.

"What made you think that?" the Bandicoot asked, fixing up her witch costume before taking the drink.

"You've been sulking in your own pity for the past two days."

"Can you blame me though? I treated the man who liked me for years shitty and he told me how he felt. Feeling like crap doesn't go away like a snap of a finger."

The Panda nod in agreement. "You're right. Rejection doesn't go away to much of your desire. Now you know how Elliott feels."

"True. But you feel the same way. Being a Best Friend and not more of."

"Say that shit again and you'll be leaving here without teeth."

As the two went on talking, Maverick dressed as Luke Cage and Iron Fist Diggs waltz over to them.

"Hey Ayanna Jones. Nice costume" the Aku Club greeted.

"Thanks. Nice Heroes for Hire get up, you two."

"All we're missing is Murdock which is Elliott. We can't be the Defenders without him. Has anyone heard from him?" Diggs asked while dancing to the music.

Yani had a worry look. She didn't even have an answer. "He didn't show up to work yesterday or today. I had to call out for him to save his job."

"Maybe she knows" Tawna point out to someone in the crowd.

Cynthia walk through the crowd, wearing a sexy Little Bo Peep costume.

"I guess he's not with her" Yani smiled. "I heard she quit her job the other day. I just hope Elliott doesn't see anything in her..."

---

As the party was going on, mischievous was being planned. In a secluded area of the Epicentre, the Sheepherders return, stirring a type of pink substance in a punch bowl, glowing from each stir.

What they didn't know was that they were being spied on from a safe distance. Whatever they were up to, it had to be stopped.

Jumping down and landing on top of a group of shepherds, he grabbed one of the staff.

"Hello. How about you stop and fight me?"

The Herders grab their weapons and ran at the Intruder who had a smile on it's face, ready to battle.

---

Not enjoying herself but trying her best, Tawna couldn't let her worries wash away. It was some going away party.

Sighing, she went to get another pumpkin beer. But something caught her eye and her attention.

Cynthia looked around, giving off some suspenseful vibes to the Bandicoot, walking out of the party.

'Something isn't right about her. I guess I...should...no wait. I can't do this. I'm not some Jane Bond.'

As her mind was against it, her body refuse and it went to follow the Sheep on whatever she was doing.