Iron willed Commander and winter white flames

Once the rain had passed the next day, you made your journey back to your homeland. The seas were unusually calm for your tastes, though it was nice not having to tread rough waters. You had always trained yourself for the unexpected, but what you heard over your radio was something you had never planned for.)

(Ironblood docks)

(You jump down from your ship landing with relative ease, the base had an eerie feel to it one that was not unfamiliar though. You spot Bismarck and Tirpitz walking around the base, walking up to them and giving your normal greeting.)

Whittman: Lord Bismarck, Lord Tirpitz, I apologize for my absence but I had came back once I heard rumor that Ironblood had received a Commander.

Bismarck: You do not need to apologize, Prinz Eugen had informed us after you had left. She told us that you were heading there for some sort of mental problem?

Whittman: (sighs out of frustration) Then she has informed you of my current condition, I wished that she had not told anyone else.

Tirpitz: Does the mental condition have anything to do with your damages from the cargo raid?

Whittman: Yes, they do. I assume she has also told you about the "episodes" as well?

(Tirpitz nods in affirmation)

Whittman: Verdammt, Sie sollte wissen, dass sie nicht über andere Zustände sprechen soll.

Bismark: Calm yourself Whittman. Now about the rumors that you have heard over radio communications, they are true.  Tirpitz and I are going to greet the commander now, and since you are here you may as well come too.

Whittman: It would be an honor my Lord. Now if I may respectfully inquire, what made it to where we need a commander?

Bismarck: We do not know ourselves, we were only told that we were to see the new commander, and that they were the best suited for the position. Now we should not be late for our rendezvous with the commander, we must make haste.

(The three of you walk to an air strip where a plane was touching down that had the markings of the Oberkommando  on the side of the transport. You felt uneasy, you weren't accustomed to taking orders from anyone except Bismarck and Tirpitz.

The commander disembarked from his flight and looked over the ships before him.)

Commander: It is truly an honor to meet the pride of the Ironblood navy, Bismarck and Tirpitz.(The commander turns to you with eyes filled with astonishment.)

So the stories were true, our navy has the rarest breed of ship imaginable.

Whittman: With all do respect sir, I am but fodder for the great vision of the Ironblood empire. I do not consider myself as rare a ship as the Kommandeurinnen are. (gestures towards Bismarck and Tirpitz.)

Commander: Nonsense, you are the rarest ship of them all. It is not everyday you see a male ship in the docks, no?

Whittman: I suppose not, but I know my place in the hierarchy and do not intend to pursue any higher position. My place is to serve and protect, that is my decided purpose.

Bismarck: I have always wondered why you never chose to rise up the ranks, now I know your thought process. Now another question for you,  Your actions on the battlefield lead to destruction yet you refuse to work with Graf Zeppelin?

Commander: I have also read those reports, I would also want to know about this as well.

Whittman: (sighs) I do not work with those who only have a single mindset, much like Roon I just would not get along with Graf Zeppelin. Her mind and my actions are one in the same, but we have different ideals entirely.