A Grand Celebration and Emotion filled reunion

After you were given you new designation and hull number, you underwent extensive retrofitting and rebuild. Now after all of the repairs and rebuilds to accommodate your much larger rig, you were officially a battleship of the H-class. You new that a few of these retrofits would be problematic, you were slower, a larger target for planes, and less maneuverable, but none of that mattered to you. The true honor of being one of the first H-class to serve was something to celebrate, but there were other things on your mind.)

(All of the other ships were celebrating the successful retrofitting, even the IJN joined in on the festivities. You weren't going to celebrate, to you this was nothing more than just honors and a new number.)

(You stood on the bow of your now massive ship looking out at the water. It was calming, even serene to you, something you haven't felt in while.)

(You extend your arm as to reach for the limitless horizon in front of you)

Whittman: It feels so close, yet it is so far. (you lower you arm to your side. You were distracted enough that it allowed Tirpitz to board without being noticed.)

Tirpitz: Thinking on what may have happened will not see it true. (She stands behind you)

Whittman: I had not heard you jump aboard, but you are right. I am trying to force myself to believe something that is false to be true. If I may ask Tirpitz, why you had sought me out when you could be enjoying the celebration with the others?

Tirpitz: Even I have my limits when it comes to social interaction, though it seems that you are avoiding it completely.

Whittman: I just needed some time to reflect, to fix a few problems and to forget some memories. You would understand why.

Tirpitz: Even though though you may try your hardest, some memories that we keep are there to teach. When you are ready, the commander had requested your presence in the festivities.

Whittman: Inform the commander that I will be arriving soon, I just need a little more time to think.

(Tirpitz walks away and jumps down from your ship, leaving you to you own devices once again. After another fifteen minutes you begin making your way towards the gathering, though before you get there someone bumps into you.)

Whittman: Ah, pardon me. Wait don't I remember you from somewhere?

(Two heavy cruisers stand before you, one apparently had a little too much drink while the other was making sure she wouldn't get into trouble.)

Deutschland: "hic" you think your better than me

Deutschland: "hic" you think your better than me......no one is better than me...

Graf Spee: Sister, I think you drank a little too much wine.

Deutschland: Nonsense, in fact i haven't had enough...."hic" (She stumbles a little bit)

Whittman: (sigh) Now I remember.....Graf Spee, how much wine did she have tonight?