A Final Sortie (Pt 1)

Months after the grand unveiling and plan to win the war, the commander called all of the ships into the war room for the a meeting of battle plans.)

Commander: I assume that you all know why I have called you all here this morning. I will not waste your time with talk, today we will end this war and save humanity from the siren threat. The IronBlood fleet will be supporting the IJN, Mare Nostrum,  in their attempts to lure the sirens out of hiding, whilst also dealing a crushing blow to the Azur Lane faction. Any questions on how this is to be done?

(You raise your hand)

Whittman: Commander, What are the objectives for this decisive victory?

Commander: The objective is to cripple Azur Lane fleets by sinking or disabling their capital ships. By doing so, we not only cripple their offensive and defensive capabilities, we also disrupt their chain of command.

Bismarck: Will we be in designated groupings for this upcoming battle?

Commander: Yes, Bismarck you and Tirpitz along with Graf Zeppelin are our capital ships. You will be away from the front lines, and giving support to the other ships in the main fleet. You will be escorted by Admiral Hipper, Prinz Eugen, Deutschland, Admiral Graf Spee, Z1, Z23, and Z46.

Whittman: What of the rest of the fleet commander?

Commander:  The rest will be either interception fleets or front line combatants. Whittman, Roon, Friedrich der Grosse, Z35, Z2, Z25 ,Karlsruhe, and Leipzig will be our specialist  detachment. You will only enter the main battle when the signal is given, until then you will delay any support the enemy may have called in.

Whittman: Understood.

Commander: Now onto the U-boats, all U-boats will engage their counterparts in the undersea battle. They will break off once the battle is reaching its climax and give support to the main fleet. Now then, the remaining ships will be the advancing vanguard for the main fleet and I do not say that easily. All of you are the pride of the Ironblood naval force, not one of you are replaceable which is why we can not afford to lose this battle. That is all, prepare for deployment in approximately 5 hours. ( The commander dismisses all of the ships, but you stay behind.)

Whittman: You know this plan will fail right? 

Commander: I know, but this is the only other choice than surrender. We have been pushed back too far since the start of this war, and now an opportunity has presented itself in the form of a decisive victory. Even if the chance for victory is small, we have to take the risk and go for a final strike on the Azur lane faction.

Whittman: Commander, you are aware that they are thinking the same as us. Their motives are the same, their reasons are the same, yet we fight a pointless war.

Commander: I understand, but our ideologies are exact opposites. It was the reason for the original faction splitting in the first place.

Whittman: This victory will come at a heavy price, you will have to sacrifice at least one of us in the ensuing battle. This outcome is inevitable, due to fact that we are fighting on two fronts between the sirens and Azur Lane. Though I can not say what victory you will gain from it, it will bring the factions closer together since we fight for a common goal.

(You get and were about to walk out of the war room, when the commander said something important to you.)

Commander: Whittman see to it that whatever happens out there, that minimal sinking happens.

Whittman: No promises. (You walk out of the war room knowing something the others didn't.)

(On the seas 6 hours later, You lean over the rails pondering about how the battle might unfold. Roon had boarded you ship but she was not in her teasing mood, Roon was in her serial killer state of mind. You had noticed it before she boarded, but you didn't care right now, more pressing matters were on your mind.)