The demise of Ben Solo

Meanwhile on Chandrila...

***

Ben lay in his cot contemplating his thoughts. He could feel the emotions tearing him apart. He blamed himself for letting her leave with him. He blamed himself that she was dead.

"Your anger will only bring you power. Use it." The voice was back. It echoed in his head like a bullet. Ben sprung from his bed and picked up his saber drawing the blade intently. He scowled in agony.

"Show yourself!" Ben demanded. his fist tightened around his saber. He wanted to grieve alone.

"You know what you must do," retorted the voice, "she's gone because of him."

Ben's anger grew quickly. He knew what he desired to do, but his heart compelled him in two directions. This is not what she'd want. He thought to himself. Tears swelled in his eyes. His feelings of loss and anger towered over what he knew was right. Memories washed over him hard, leaving his thoughts baren with images of you. He gathered himself and suddenly, he snapped. He knew what he had to do.

He was tired of being alone, of feeling powerless. He had to fill the hole inside of him. The insidious whispers crowded his mind. He was no longer able to tell them apart from his own. Suddenly he wasn't angry anymore. He was afraid. Not knowing that fear would be Ben Solo's demise. Suddenly the voices in his head stopped. He could feel the agony take over his heart and he wept for the last time. His tears dried quickly from his face and he realized he had no where else to go.

He sighed and finally gave into the voices. "Tell me what I must to do," His lips quivered and his fists curled, "I pledge myself to the dark side."