I'll see you again

Your eyes swept in and out of vision. You could feel the shortness of your breath as you tried to focus on the swaying white light above your head. A blurry figure pressed a cool wet towel against your forehead.

"There you are, I was afraid you wouldn't ever wake up." Said the figure. Her voice was muffled.

You groaned as the figure focused into view. It was Melania. She was standing over you.

"What-" You gathered your strength and rolled to your side. You coughed as you felt a sharp pain in your side, "What happened?"

"You took a pretty brutal beating, dear. I found you not long after. I thought you were dead until, thank the gods, I was able to bring you back." She explained as she wiped your cheeks. You felt the cool concrete under your skin. You felt extremely weak but you were able to sit up slowly, moaning at the pain in your head.

You looked around you to see the same room you around you. Your breath staggered as you remembered what had happened.

"What happens now?" You ask as you stretch your arms out. You gather your balance and try to stand to your feet. Melania put her hands on your shoulders and tried to push you back down.

"You need to gather your strength so we can get you out of here. I know where they store some of the visitors ships. I can get you there."

You wiped the sweat off of your forehead and looked at her curiously.

"Why would you want to help me?" You asked. Your eyes pondered her empathetic expression.

She shook her head in conciliation. "Nobody's ever stood up for me, I was just returning the favor, not to worry."

You nodded and grinned in agreement. "Thank you. I'm feeling much better. But I need to go get my saber first."

Melania helped raise you to your feet. As you stood up one thing came to your mind. Ben. You had to get home to him. You pulled your satchel around your shoulders and looked to Melania for direction. She quickly headed for the door and typed a code into the keypad. The doors creaked open and you followed her out into the hallway.

"Keep your head down, and if anyone asks, i'm taking you for measurements." Melania ordered. You nodded in agreeance, your eyes pivoted to the floor. You followed her down the corridor as you passed creatures talking amongst themselves. They luckily ignored you. Melania snuck around the corner of the dimly lit hallway and made her way across to a room. She typed in the code and motioned you in. You entered the room and looked around you. You saw piles of items all heaped together.

"Your lightsaber should be in here. They keep all of their interesting findings." Said Melania.

You nodded and began to sort through the piles. There was too much stuff to sort through. You knew you needed to hurry if you wanted to get out of there as soon as possible. You stood back and closed your eyes. Focusing your breath, you felt weak. Your hand stuck out and you pulled with your mind. You suddenly heard clattering within the pile of of items in front of you. Within seconds, your saber came ricocheting into your hand. You suddenly felt better. Almost stronger than you did before.

"Wow." Melania gaped.

You grinned as you drew the blade, its crackling like music to your ears. "Let's go."

You jogged alongside Melania down the corridor. She split from you and made her way down a long hallway towards a large door. You follow her and withdrew your blade. She typed in the keypad and quickly motioned you into the door. As you stepped in you were surrounded by ships.

"Take your pick." Melania said grinning.

You scanned the room and your eyes came across a shiny x- fighter. You headed towards it. You unlatched the top and began to climb in.

"It's a little snug, but i'm sure when i move the lever forward it'll be comfortable." You began to mesh on the buttons as the engine starts. You turned back to Melania to see a sad grin break across her face. You soon realized she was not going to be joining you.

"Go on," She said as she nodded approvingly, "maybe we'll see each other again someday. I have family here. I have to stay for them."

You took one last look at her face and smiled in recognition at what she had done for you.

"I owe you. I'll see you again, as a free woman."

She waved at you as she ran to the door and meshed on the keypad. The door into space unlatched, and you put on your helmet. Next stop, Alderaan.