Where did you go?

There was no difference between to passions of light and dark. Only intentions. Feeling someone who absorbed your heart underneath your skin was all you could ever want. The tricky thing about love, is that it flourishes as quick as a shooting star, but it never grants your deepest wishes.

The moonlight beamed against your window as you lay restless right before dawn. You had a strong feeling and it was keeping you awake. But when you searched your mind for answers, you found it wasn't your mind that was keeping you restless.

Ben.

You paused for a moment. The conditions of your relationship with Ben were rocky from the beginning. There were always days that he didn't face you, and there were days that he sunk into you like he had been lost before and you finally found him. You assumed it was pride washing over him when he distanced himself. The last time you saw him was embracing him in his cot. It's been a week since then. Ben showed up to every training like he was supposed to, But every time you got the chance to corner him, he left in one swift movement.

You were sure he had a lapse in judgment and you weren't really what he wanted. So you succumbed to avoiding it. Avoiding him. Avoiding rejection.

Your feet hit the floor and you pulled on your robes. You were going to be a Jedi. How could you be so afraid of getting your heart broken by just a boy.

You quickly found motivation and walked slowly towards the opening towards the corridor. Your fists were balled up in your hands; a nervous tick.

You made your way out into the hallways and found yourself pacing in front of his door. You didn't want to face him after a week of solitude. You were sure you knew how this conversation would go, but there you were, walking to his door when the dawn finally split.

As you made your way to knock on his door, you heard a voice. An unfamiliar voice, and Bens voice. But you couldn't make contact with the words being conversed. You stopped in your tracks and tilted your head to the door, focusing. An overwhelming sense of fear and distaste crowded your heart. You couldn't tell if it was nerves, or intuition. The voice was raspy, almost like daggers even though you couldn't hear the words. Not a voice you've ever heart on this planet.

All of the sudden everything was silent, you could only hear your own heart beat.

"I'll be waiting." Said the unfamiliar voice loud and clear. You peddled back and tripped along your robe, you caught yourself but you soon realized the noise you made from your stumble. The door gaped open and Ben stood over you, worry in his eyes, guilt in his heart.

"Who.." your breath was heavy as you peaked around the corner of his door, seeing no one in his bedroom. Maybe you were losing your mind, "who was that in your room? I heard someone, a man."

Bens mouth opened leaving a fine circle in between his lips. He bit the inside of his cheek. "I thought you held yourself to a higher standard instead of eves dropping on people in the middle of the night." His voice was frugal.

"I wasn't eves dropping, I came to ask you where the hell have you been." Your voice scratched as you felt emotion torn out of you. You promised yourself you wouldn't cry. After all, he didn't matter before and you were fine.

"I've been here. Where I always am (y/n)." He stepped back into his room turning his back on you. His voice cloaked his emotions very well.

"That's not what I'm talking about. Where did you go?" Tears welled up in yours eyes. You didn't know rejection, there was a disaster in your stomach. You stepped into his room, your eyes still scanning around.

He turned around to face you. "There was nobody here. You shouldn't be so concerned with me. I'm a big boy, I told you I didn't need a care taker."