Chapter 27 - Risky Plan, It Might Work

Chapter 27 – Risky Plan, It Might Work

Hinata's POV

The bell had just rung for last period and I was on my way to Mr. Hatake's class.

My cousin Neji Hyuga was now always escorting me to every class, because Father had ordered him to do so. Neji is one grade year above than I am, so doing this must be such a bother to him since his classes are all upstairs... but even so he still does what he was told to do with no problem. However, I realized he was late, which is usual for him, so I decided to go to class on my own.

I took out Naruto's book, the one we used when I tutored him a few months ago. I held it tight to my chest and hoped I could see him around, so I can give it to him and apologize about what happened the other day with Itachi. But this whole day I haven't been able to see him... maybe he's avoiding me.

Had he really believed what I said the other day?

'I will let him go, if you promise to never speak or have contact with him ever again.' Itachi had said.

I had agreed to Itachi's terms, but I don't plan on following them. I won't, not ever!

I looked down at my feet. But if Naruto believed it and avoids me now, then what do I do then?

As I was thinking about it, I felt a hand grab my arm and instantly pull me inside a random empty room. It was so fast I didn't have time to scream or kick whoever pulled me in. The door was immediately shut, and I looked around, the room was dark, and nothing could really be seen.

"Hinata." I heard Naruto's voice.

"N-Naruto-kun?!" The light was switched on, and I saw that right in front of me was indeed the boy I love, Naruto Uzumaki. He wore his school uniform with a grin plastered on his face. Although I could see something else in his eyes... is it some sort of relief? Either way, I felt so happy to see him, I put the book I held to the side and didn't hesitate to wrap my arms around him. "Naruto! I missed you!"

He hugged me back. "I missed you too, Hinata." I smiled, but then I remembered what I had done to him.

"Naruto I-I'm sorry- I'm sorry that I said-"

"Hinata, it's alright. I know you didn't mean it." he pulled me back a little to look at me and smiled again. "I know you too well Hinata. I can see right through your lies pretty well."

"O-oh... I see." Hm... I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not.

Naruto's face suddenly turned serious. "So that was him huh? The guy you have to marry?"

I nodded. "Yes. His name is Itachi Uchiha. He's Sasuke's older brother. My Father had requested an Uchiha to marry me, and he was the first to accept."

Naruto's eyes widened. "Hold on a second. You're telling me this guy is Sasuke's brother? They're family?!" He couldn't believe it. "Huh, it's no wonder he's such a jerk."

"He's not that bad." I said. "He's just doing his duty Naruto. Father and Itachi have an agreement that he must complete. But he's really not as bad as you think he is." If he was really a horrible person, he would have made me do things and treated me unfairly. But so far, he's been sweet.

"Right that's why he ordered his guards to kick me out of your house. What a great guy he is." Naruto crossed his arms. "I'm starting to think you're liking him more than me now." Is that... jealousy that I hear in his voice?

I look at him and tilt my head to the side. "Are you perhaps jealous Naruto-kun?" I teased.

"Me? Jealous? PLEASE!" Naruto laughed sarcastically. "I would never be jealous of an a-whole like him. Believe it!"