✨🔪 so many emotions ✨🔪

Today was Father's Day and (y/n) was nervous, why you may wonder? It was because she was about to break the biggest news ever to her boyfriend of 8 months Joe.

Joe was this amazing guy she had met at a bookstore, he worked as the clerked there and helped her with many of her orders. He was a bit weird at times like the constant staring and zoning out but he was also the perfect guy for her, he talked books and got her references which made her happy on the first few dates, he was the perfect gentleman - opening doors for her, pushing in her chair, taking his shoes off when entering her house. He was everything she had dreamed of.

When the two entered the 4th month mark of their relationship (y/n) has begun to notice signs of change in joe - she wanted to ask him what was wrong but also didn't want to find out the answe just incase it would hurt her but only a month later did she find out he was not the same joe he played as whenever he was with her.

She found out about his past and his kill count - he had locked her in his apartment bedroom for days when she found out, not letting her use her phone or his computer. The television was her only sort of entertainment but he made it up to her, he explained why he did things and while they may not have been right or good he did it all out of the kindness of his heart and maybe he was crazy but she was crazier for staying with him.

So that brings us back to our current predicament. Today was Father's Day and (y/n) was nervous, the news she had been keeping was joe was that she was pregnant and though she just wanted to shout it for the whole world to hear she couldn't, more so she wouldn't cause she was afraid but tonight she would man - woman up and tell him over dinner.

The two had only recently gotten back together cause during their 4th month of dating when she found out about his whole obsession they had taken a break - even though joe didn't really acknowledge that break he respected her decision and went with it, it wasn't until the month after that the two had gotten back together and really built that trust they once had that they begin to get back intimate with one another, it has only been that one time that lead her to falling pregnant, that one time of weakness that she had found herself paying for.

She was beyond joyful of her child's existence but she couldn't help but worry, what would joe think? They never talked about kids and she had only been 3 months and she's kept the pregnancy well hidden even from joe's knowledge.

All day she had been planning the perfect way to break the news to him, joe was still at his job Mooney's and would be getting off so she had to think of something quick, finally deciding with a simple gift she leaves the house and does a bit of shopping, she keep track of the time while she's out making sure to ask joe through their text messages what time. he would be getting off at.

 he would be getting off at

6:40 perfect

6:40 perfect. There house was a 30 minute walk away from the shop but if you were to be running it'll take 15 minutes to reach it.

Heading home now with a bag full of goodies (y/n) gets started on dinner as soon as she enters, she devised to make some baked potatoes with roasted carrots and broccoli and steak. Sure it was a filling meal but she wanted joe to be able to stomach the news.

7:10 rolls by and joe should be entering the house soon and just (y/n) goes to make their plates she hears the door open.

"Honey I'm home."

Smiling she geeets back, "Welcome home darling!"

The two share a laugh and joe wraps his arms around her waist pulling her into a hug and a deep felt kiss, "I missed you today...and I see you're wearing the dress I asked you to wear."

"Yeah, wanted to wear it tonight," she smiled.

"Is everything okay?" Joe questions worries and nerves feeling his body. We're you okay? We're you breaking up with him?! No you two were perfect, everything was perfect! Maybe he was getting all worked up for nothing.

"Yeah everything's perfect, just got some news to tell you." (Y/n) says and joe smiles.

'Everything's fine. Everything's perfect but I do wonder what is this news that you're talking about'

"Alright. Let's go and eat," joe says not pushing further more.

The two sit down at the table and eat in peace, joe would occasionally bring up the events at work and the two would laugh, (y/n) would then tell him about her day and he would ask her questions.

"You said you went out shopping today, what did you buy?" Joe asked.

"Well it actually has to do with the news I wanted to tell you." She says pulling a bright blue bag from underneath the table and handing it over to joe, "What's all this?!"

"Open it!" She says.

Raising a brow joe carefully pulls out the wrapping paper and reaches inside without looking only to pull out a babies blanket? Reaching in once more he pulls out diapers and a bib and again he reaches in pulling out more things.

"What's all this about?" He asks once he pulls out the last item.

"Is someone having a baby shower? Are we going to a baby shower?"

"No joe those are for us," she smiled.

"For us -" joe freezes having out all the pieces together now.

"You're - we're..."

"Yeah, I'm pregnant."