T H I R T Y

"Thanks for the memory of sunburns at the shore, nights in Singapore. You might have been a headache, but you never were a bore. So, thank you so much. So much. He said goodbye..."

Stella sits at the piano, her fingers moving along the keys as the Emma sings her heart out at the microphone. Landon's is filled to the brim with lost and broken souls escaping their lives, Stella no different. Employed by her cousin, she has spent a few years saving up to make it big in music, even if it's not a woman's career.

As applause erupts from the patrons, Stella masterfully lifts her hands off the keys and turns to the audience, her eyes falling on a set of twins—the brunette in particular.

"Thank you," Emma says as she smiles down at the audience. "I'm Emma Tig, and we have Stella Hale on piano."

Standing, Stella offers a small curtsy, her eyes still on the brunette, before she makes her way down to the bar. Hope hands her a tray full of drinks before she goes back to staring at a picture of her lost love.

"I'll be taking a break, but don't worry," Emma says. "I'll be here all night if anyone needs my help. And don't forget to tip your waitress. She's an amazing pianist."

As Emma walks away, Stella keeps her eyes locked on the brunette. She does not even notice the man sitting next to her until Hope says to both of them, "This isn't a peep show."

"Can you blame me?" The detective asks. "Elizabeth Saltzman's a star. I've seen all of her movies."

"I'm bad with faces," Hope replies. "Now, Stella, go do what I pay you for."

"The witty remarks?" Stella asks with a smirk. Hope waves her off. "Fine, cousin. I'll go see what our stars want." With an extra sway of her hips, Stella walks over to the twins, both sipping on their drinks idly listening to the music. "Anything I can get you two?" She asks.

The brunette blushes under her gaze as the blonde laughs. "How about another glass of wine?"

"Of course." She jots a note down in her notepad. "And anything for you, Ms...?"

"Oh, Josie," The brunette replies. "Call me Josie."

"Stella. Pleasure to meet you." After a moment, Stella purses her lips. "I hear we're in the presence of greatness. Perhaps a round of champagne?"

"Oh, yes!" Josie nods. "And a bottle to the singer as well, please."

Stella's grin widens. "Coming right up, Josette." Touching a finger to her lips, Stella steps away from the table, staying just close enough to hear Lizzie tease her sister. 

It only takes a moment for that smirk to be wiped off her face. She quickly tells Hope the orders of champagne, delivering them once it was in the books, before she makes her way to a table in the back, her eyes narrowed. "Good evening, sir, what can I get you?"

"Oh, nothing for me, dear. Just here for a good show," the man says with a wide grin.

"Really? I think you're here to watch me, Ted." The man blinks in surprise before gritting his teeth. Stella simply chuckles as she slides into the seat next to him, careful to avoid showing her face to the photographer. "I know more than you realize."

"So you remember me?" He asks as he leans against his forearms. "You have quite a lot of power, even for a dark witch."

"Maybe enough to do your job, Necromancer."

"The Necromancer!" He exclaims as he slams his hand down. He looks away as patrons begin to look. "I am—"

"Yes, I remember." Stella rolls her eyes. "The whole Malivore debacle is difficult to forget forever. How are you here?"