Alfaaz Seven: Moajaza (Miracle)

Aap meri samne aise bethi hai
Jaise mujhe pehchanthi hi nahi
Har ek saans jo meine aapke naam ki hai
Unhe aap jaanthi hi nahi

Zoya woke up to the sound of the alarm. She opened her eyes and looked around. Zoya found Sahir turning and twisting on the couch. Suddenly, she found him getting up and running towards the alarm. Sahir tripped and almost fell down. Zoya had no idea why he was acting this anxious. Before Sahir could reach the alarm, it stopped and then a voice started speaking. It was Zoya's voice. Zoya got up and ran towards the alarm and blocked Sahir from switching it off.

'I want you not to lose your confidence. I want you to know that you are perfect and when you fall in love with another girl, don't hesitate to tell her that fearing about getting rejected again. I don't want you to ever feel scared to do something when you really want to do it. Just go for it but always make sure that the situation is in your favour and don't do what you did yesterday.'

Zoya was stunned hearing her voice. Sahir looked down and didn't meet Zoya's eyes. Zoya heard the entire recording, looking at Sahir.
Zoya: What was that, Sahir? It's my voice. How did you get it?
Sahir didn't speak for sometime. His heart started beating faster. Then he spoke in a small voice.
Sahir: I might have recorded it when you came to meet me in the train.
Zoya: This is utter madness. Were you listening to it everyday?
Sahir: Yes, for the last 8 years. Fine. I am ashamed that you have heard it. I forgot to turn it off yesterday. Now, go ahead and accuse me and make fun of me.
Sahir seemed like an angry child to Zoya. Zoya couldn't hold back her laugh after seeing his expressions. She started laughing. Sahir looked at Zoya in disbelief.
Sahir: Are you laughing?
Zoya: Yes, I am. But I don't know why though.
Zoya started laughing again. Sahir couldn't hold back his smile and he smiled widely.
Sahir: You are unpredictable, Zoya Siddiqui.
Zoya smiled at Sahir and he smiled back.
Sahir: I have to get ready now. Time for work.
Zoya: Are you not taking any leaves?
Sahir: I did but something important came up. I hope you don't mind staying here alone. Nani would leave after sometime. Our servants will be there. So don't worry.
Zoya: I will be fine, Sahir. I wish Nani had stayed.
Sahir smiled to that and walked towards the bathroom.

*****

Riya: How could you do this to me, Sahir Azeem Chaudhry?
Sahir: How could I do what, Riya?
Riya: My modelling and movie contracts got cancelled. I am no longer part of the music album I was supposed to do. I have been removed as the brand ambassador of the products I was endorsing. How could you do this?
Sahir: Riya, I met you as my friend's girlfriend. I introduced you to many of my colleagues and associates because of him and you got offers. Even after you broke up with him, I still stayed as your friend. Whatever that got cancelled are those I have given you. Try on your own, Riya. You have a name. You will get offers.
Riya: It was a mistake, Sahir. I didn't mean to drop the juice. I swear.
Sahir got up from his seat and walked towards Riya. He looked at her with expressionless eyes.
Sahir: Riya, I have complete idea about what you did to my wife. I heard every single word of what you had said to her from reliable sources. You made Zoya cry. I can't forgive that. I will never forgive that. I am being kind to you. You have only lost a few contracts. Don't make me throw you out of the industry.
Riya was shocked and her eyes teared up.
Sahir: You may leave now, Riya. I have some more work to finish.
Riya walked out of Sahir's cabin with tears falling from her eyes.

******

Sahir rushed home as fast as his meetings with the US and Korean partners were over. He couldn't wait another moment. His team had tried to keep Sahir busy for some more time but Sahir left everything. He couldn't wait to see Zoya. It had been hours. Sahir lived 8 years without seeing her even once and now he was unable to spend a single minute without her. Sahir called Zoya every hour. He thought that he was going crazy but he loved that feeling. He loved that she was there when he called.
Sahir walked briskly to his car and got in it and reached home in record speed. When he entered the house, there wasn't anyone visible inside. He checked and found that the servants were gone. He cut the call with the agent after knowing that Zoya had given them a day off. Sahir walked to his room and looked for Zoya. He couldn't find her there. Sahir's heart started beating faster. He started running from one room to the other calling Zoya's name. He was tensed. Sahir thought that Zoya had left him. Tears started falling from his eyes. Then, he ran downstairs in to the prayer room calling Zoya's name and there, he saw her. Zoya was offering Namaz, wearing a peach Burqa. She didn't make any sound. Zoya could have heard his voice but she kept on praying.
Sahir stood there watching Zoya for sometime. Sahir then washed his hand, face and feet and he came and sat next to her. He took out his handkerchief and covered his head and started offering Namaz with her. It had been more than 10 years since Sahir had offered Namaz. But when he saw Zoya doing it, he wanted to do it as well. It gave peace of mind to Sahir. Just watching Zoya praying, made his heart feel at peace.