Alfaaz 17: Sifar (Nothingness)

***warning***

Disturbing content inside..18+..

Aaj dil ka dard kuch zyada laga

Aah falak par chand kuch aada laga

Taare aaye tho the par aankhon mein

Patti pad gayi inhe mere aansuon ki

Zoya sat in the book stall, thinking. She couldn’t concentrate on anything. It had been two days since she had gone to Sahir’s mansion and since then, Sahir had been trying to contact her. Zoya didn’t pick up his calls or respond to his messages. She was scared of the questions he might ask her. She was still not sure when she was going to tell him about their child. She was almost 3 months pregnant now. Zoya badly wanted to say it to Sahir but then, he would ask her to leave Haider. That would be risking Haider’s life. Zoya couldn’t do that. Haider was her responsibility and she has to save him. Zoya took deep breathes. Suddenly, she heard his voice.
Sahir: Zoya.
Zoya stood up.
Zoya: Sahir.
Sahir: Amar, Sam go out now. I have something to speak to Mrs. Chaudhry.
Zoya was stunned to know that Sahir knew her co-workers.
Zoya: How do you know them?
Sahir: Zoya, we need to talk. We need to talk now or else I will go mad. I can get the details about everything that you are trying to hide from me even without you knowing about it. But, I don’t want to do it. I want you to tell me what the issue is. Why did you run away from our home that day, Zoya? What are you hiding?
Zoya: Tell me how do you know Amar and Sam?
Sahir: I will tell you the truth, every bit of it and you should tell me your truth as well.
Zoya didn’t say anything.
Sahir: I got you the house you are staying in, Zoya. I set up this book stall only for you to get work. Sam and Amar are my employees. I send them here to help you.
Zoya was stunned. Sahir came closer and touched Zoya’s shoulders. He looked in to her eyes.
Sahir: I did everything to make sure that you are safe. I didnt want you to have any troubles, Zoya. You are my responsibility even if you are not with me. I love you. I am sorry that I kept you in darkness.
Zoya looked in to Sahir’s eyes. She could see tears in them and her heart broke. She was always amazed by his concern for her, his love for her. Zoya’s eyes teared up. Zoya hugged Sahir tight and broke down on his chest. Sahir caressed Zoya’s hair.
Sahir: Please don’t cry, Zoya. Please. I am here, right. Right here. I got you, Zoya. I got you now. Tell me what is the issue.
Zoya looked in to Sahir’s eyes. She wanted nothing more than telling him that she was pregnant. She wanted nothing more than seeing the happiness in his eyes when he hears about it. But she couldn’t. If she says it, then she would have no other choice than leaving Haider. Zoya wiped her tears.
Zoya: I can’t, Sahir. I am sorry. I can’t tell you now. You will know it soon. I can’t hide it from you. But not now.
Sahir: Fine. Then, that’s it. I wont interfere in your life again, Zoya. You keep your secrets to yourself. I will keep my pain to myself. Good bye, Zoya.
Sahir turned around and walked away and Zoya sat in her chair and cried.

****

Zoya left for home early that day. She didn’t have the strength to sit for the whole day. She reached home and found Haider sleeping in his room. Zoya went to her room and changed her clothes. She then walked to the kitchen to find that all the food that she had left before leaving was still there. Haider hadn’t eaten anything. Zoya walked towards Haider’s room and softly opened the door. She could hear him sobbing on his bed. Zoya was shocked and she ran towards him, and sat next to him.
Zoya: Haider, what happened? Please tell me. Why are you crying?
Haider didn’t speak for some time and then, he got up and showed a piece of paper to Zoya.
Haider: What is this, Zoya? When were you going go tell me about this?
Zoya took the paper from his hand and looked at it. It was her pregnancy report.
Haider: I had doubts that you were hiding something, Zoya. I am sorry for taking this without you permission. But, how could you hide something like this from me? You are pregnant with Sahir’s child.
Zoya took a deep breath.
Zoya: I was going to tell you, Haider. I just needed some time.
Haider: Time to leave me, Zoya? Is that what you wanted?
Zoya: No, I was not thinking about leaving you. I am not leaving you, Haider.
Haider: Then, what are you going to do with his child?
Zoya: I am going to keep it. That’s not even a question, Haider.
Haider: So, you will leave me and go to Sahir.
Zoya: I haven’t thought about any of that. I just want to give birth to my child. I just want to see you recover, Haider. These are the only things I am thinking about right now.
Haider: Do you know how many times you have said that you loved me, Zoya? 14 times in the last 4 weeks. Did you even mean that once? Just once.
Zoya was silent.
Haider: I know now that you never did. You only loved Sahir and your child. I can’t live in this lie anymore, Zoya. I have to leave. I need to leave. I need to go now.
Haider tried to get up. Zoya held his shoulders and sat him down. She looked in to his eyes.
Zoya: What do you want me to do, Haider? It’s true that I don’t love you like used to do before. I love Sahir and I don’t think I can ever love you like I am loving him now. But, I am not going to leave you for Sahir. I can’t do that. Trust me.
Haider broke down.
Haider: I thought that your words were true, Zoya. I thought that you would love me like you used to do. I never thought that your feelings will change, your heart will change. Mine never did. I have loved you then and I love you now and I will always do the same. I can’t do anything else. You are etched in my soul. I can’t live without you.
Zoya’s eyes teared up. She wished if she could heal his heart. If she could reciprocate his feelings but she couldn’t. Zoya will never be able to love anyone except Sahir. Zoya felt bad for Haider and herself. She regretted forgetting Haider. She should have stayed in Lucknow. She should have been loyal to her love. Zoya cried.
Zoya: I will try, Haider. I will try to stay with you. That’s all I can promise. But I want this child. I want to give birth to it. I promise that I will give it to Sahir and I will never see it’s face again. I just want it to be born, Haider. If not, Sahir will live all his life alone. I don’t want that for him. I want him to have his child by his side no matter whatever happens to me in future.
Zoya cupped Haider’s face in her hands.
Zoya: I won’t let you die, Haider. I will do anything for it. I wont let my child die either. It deserves to live. Nothing is it’s fault. Please, take rest.
Zoya wiped her tears and retreated to her room. She laid on the bed and cried for a long time.