13 | goodbyes

( chapter thirteen )

I don't have to be so afraid of goodbye, because goodbye doesn't have to be forever. "

- Jenny Han, To All the Boys I've Loved Before

FOR THE PAST WEEKS BEFORE TOM WAS LEAVING FOR CALIFORNIA, he and Y/N spent it together as what they have promised to each other.  They would also invite Harrison and Erika with them from time to time. 

Tom also spent it with his family since he would be away from them too, not just from Y/N. 

Tom and Y/N could not stop exchanging with each other a bunch of 'i love you' and holding on to each other. They would have lunch together while in school and dinner at Y/N's home since her dad would cook for them. 

There was a day wherein Aiden and Tom spoke to each other and apologized because of the fight they had before. It was also the time that Tom told Aiden that he was leaving for his acting career. 

Few days before he was leaving, he had his last day in school. He already talked with his teachers and the principal regarding his acting career and cannot go to school anymore. 

At the same time, he also spent it with some of his friends together with Harrison. Y/N gave him time to spend it with them. 

And an unexpected moment happened during that day.

"Hey, Tom and Y/N." A very familiar voice called out for them and the couple looked back at that person.

"Camille?" Tom asked and she just gave them a small smile.

"Mind if we talk for a bit?" She asked and both Y/N and Tom looked at each other in confusion.

They arrived outside the school building to talk since Camille asked. They sat down in the bleachers where the view was the lacrosse team playing. Tom will surely miss playing lacrosse with his teammates. 

"Look." Camille started and looked at the couple. "I just want to say that I'm sorry for everything. Most especially to you, Y/N." Camille's eyes focused on Y/N who just looked at her back. 

"I'm so stupid enough to call you my enemy just because of some boy that I liked." She pointed at Tom. "All these years, we could've stayed best friends until now you know? But because of my jealousy, I ruined it." Camille continued and already felt tears forming in her eyes. Y/N felt her chest tighten and went near Camille. "I'm sorry, Y/N. I mean it now." 

Y/N gave an arm around Camille's shoulder and pulled her closer for a hug. Camille was now crying more when Y/N pulled her for a hug. Y/N felt that everything was better now that Camille apologized for her mistakes. "I forgive you now, Camille." She whispered, loud enough for Camille to hear. Y/N looked at Tom who was smiling at what was happening.