The Castle

The rest of the journey was spent in silence. I wondered whether the King and the Queen would help me get the answers that I needed. But something told me that it was not the first time that someone from my world had come to Narnia. The two Narnians were aware of a country named England and that was what seemed to soften their attitude to a stranger aka myself.

I had an inside joke that I made on the way to the castle about whether the King was a lion, because lions are supposed to be the King of the jungle, right? I wondered if the castle would really be a castle and what I was supposed to do. Would I get imprisoned for trespassing? What would happen to me?

"Sir Reepicheep?" I called out after some time.

"Sir Reepicheep?" The mouse chuckled. "Reepicheep is sufficient enough."

"Oh, sorry. I thought that you were a knight."

"I am, lass. It's just that I've never been called that before. I'm not complaining because it does sound good." He chuckled. "What did you want to ask me?"

"Who are the King and Queen of Narnia?"

"Well dear, the King of Narnia right now is Caspian the tenth. There is no Queen yet." He said. Caspian, huh? Nice name. "But there is someone above him, of course."

"Who is that, might I ask?" I wanted to talk like them and tried to blend my accent with theirs. It was a little hard but they were dealing with a theatre kid. 

The mouse held into his rapier with a firm grip. "That would be the noble Aslan."

"Isn't Aslan Turkish for 'Lion'?" I chuckled. I liked knowing fun facts to avoid awkward situations. Trumpkin stared at me. "He's a lion?" I asked, raising my eyebrows.

"Quite the curious mind." Trumpkin said. After some time, he spoke once again. "We're nearing the town." I liked to believe that he didn't want me to miss any of the places. He could be a dwarf of little talk but he was a soft person. It was obvious. 

I looked up and exclaimed, "Wow!" I could see the castle then.

The castle had many towers and it was on top of a hill made of stones. Before entering the castle, we went through the nearby town. "Does the castle have a name?" I asked. "There are a lot of castles in my world that have names."

"Indeed. It is called the Telmarine Castle because it was built for them." Reepicheep answered.

There were human beings going about with their daily routine. Women were buying their daily bread from the local bakery, children were playing around, a hack driver was giving an old lady a lift, shop keepers and people in the market were trying to sell what they were selling and a lot of things were happening. I could only process so much.

There were two banners placed on either side of the road that held colourful ribbons on the top. It gave a nice colourful effect to the lovely town.