The Fight

Trumpkin swung his sword at me and I kept blocking it. "You. Should. Always be in focus." He instructed in between his charges.

I was in the defense mode while Trumpkin was in the attack mode. I tried to change to offense but his strikes were stronger. He didn't take it easy on me and kept advancing while I continued blocking it.

Then, he swung his sword across my legs but I jumped over it pretty easily. "Nice one." He hadn't taught that but I had read about that trick in one of the books in the Library.

He was never the one to compliment you but we had gotten to know each other. His parents had abandoned him when he was a baby as well. He spent most of his life trying to stay away from Humans, since the Telmarines were against Narnians.

We talked about ourselves one day and he seemed to cool down after that. He didn't seem as tough and strict as he did before. All it took was to talk with him and just be myself. He realized that I didn't lead a good life in the Other World and I realized that he didn't live the life he was living now. Everything changed only after Caspian became King.

Trumpkin also appreciated Caspian a lot. They had a bond which developed during their time together during the war against Miraz and all the battles after that. He was in the inner circle of the King and helped him make battle plans and logistical decisions as well.

I smiled when he appreciated my move. But in that time split second, his attacks became more powerful. "Never show your emotions....to the attacker." He taught me.

"I'll. Keep that. In mind." I said in between the sounds of the swords clanging against each other.

I ran at him with my blade in order to attack but he moved from the way and my sword got stuck on the wood that kept aside to rebuild the stables. He hit me on the back with the hilt of his sword and I groaned in pain.

"Never underestimate your opponent."

I pulled the sword out and continued defending myself. "A good defense is the best offence."

"You're quoting someone." I pointed out.

"I may be." He continued attacking. "People will never give you an opportunity to survive in wars."

I took a side step and Trumpkin lost his balance. Then, it was my turn to attack. "Not bad, Adams." He said as he blocked my attacks.

But he did a three-sixty with his sword and mine flew from my hand. Before Trumpkin could attack me and call the duel to an end, I picked my sword from the ground. "You hesitated." I announced. "Never hesitate while fighting." I quoted him that time.

"Always use your opponent's move against them." He reminded me my training.

Trumpkin charged at me with his sword and it cut my arm. "Ah." I said as the blade slid my arm. It made a pretty deep cut.

"Are you okay?" He asked me and then, I went deep into the attack mood.

"Never. Feel bad. For hurting the opponent." I said as I attacked and swung my blade with every ounce of strength in me.

Whenever we fought, my body would shiver when our blades clanged with each other. But if you hurt me, I would ignore the world trying to prove myself.

"Woah." He couldn't defend me anymore.
When I was angry, my actions become ten times stronger as he told me one day.

I deceived my attacks and made him think that I was getting weak. Right when he showed his weakness move, I gave him a taste of his own medicine.

I swung the blade at him and made a circle. Trumpkin fell to the ground and he dropped his sword in the process. I kicked it away before he could get it. "And that's how it's done." I said, holding the tip of my sword to his neck. "Call it an end?" I asked him as the pain started to get to me.