The Truth

Dawn broke with birds chirping. I woke up early and had an automatic smile on my face. I had finally acted on what my heart told me to do. Cas would have been so happy if she could have see me then.

As requested by the Professor, Caspian and I went to his study before breakfast. He was sitting in his usual chair and he was staring at the parchment he had showed us yesterday.

"Professor?" I called out as both of us entered.

"Thank you for coming." He stood up. "You better sit down for this." He suggested.

"Is everything okay, Professor?" Caspian asked.

The Professor picked my necklace up from the table. "Sophie, I'm going to need you to answer some of my questions."

"Okay." The atmosphere of the room soon changed to a very serious one. I was very confused.

"Does this ring belong to your parents?" He asked as he held the ring in his palm.

"As far as I know, yes."

"You have had this since birth, I believe."

"That's right."

"You told me that your parents abandoned you in the forest when you were a wee baby."

"Professor, what does that have to do with the prophecy?"

"It is true, isn't it?" Caspian spoke next to me. "Were my suspicions right?"

"They were, dear boy." He replied.

Caspian looked at me in astonishment and was studying me with his eyes like he used to do when we first met.

"Both of you are freaking me out right now." I sat a little straighter. "What's going on?" I asked them, my heart beating right out of my chest.

"One of the reasons that Caspian and I missed out on meals during the initial days of your arrival to Narnia was because of this." The Professor said while pointing to the rolled-up parchment.

"Okay." I breathed out.

"The Narnians who told me about this prophecy came from one of the oldest families. They told me that King Frank was something called a cab driver in the Other World. Does that mean anything to you?"

"Sure. Cab drivers transport people from one place to another in exchange for money."

"Queen Helen was a brilliant painter of her time

"Queen Helen was a brilliant painter of her time." He continued.

"Those are the first two lines of the prophecy." I said, remembering. "That means that their child is alive!" I looked at Caspian and he continued to look at me with awe in his eyes.

"The second line of the prophecy is clear. The child was born during the time of war, which was between King Frank and the White Witch. How do I tell you this, Sophie?" He said. "King Frank's horse's name was Strawberry."

"Nice name for a horse." I smirked.

"The prophecy mentions about a descendant of King Frank's horse." He said. "This horse would recognise the heir as we knew before."

"Right." I said, remembering the time that the Professor and I discussed about the prophecy.

"Strawberry's descendant is Thomas." Caspian revealed next to me and took my hands in his.

"What?" I looked back and forth at Caspian and the Professor.

"Thomas never moved until you came to Narnia." Caspian told me. "I had my suspicions from the beginning, which I confided to the Professor."

"But-"

"The mark of lion on your neck," I had told the Professor and Caspian about it a long time ago. "....is the Mark of Aslan."

"Legend also calls it 'Aslan's Touch'." Caspian said. "It provides utmost safety to the person who has been blessed with it."

"B-but-"

"This ring." The Professor held it in his hands. "This is the magical ring that helps you travel in between worlds. It also has the engraving of a famous saying from King Frank's reign."

"This is not possible." I shook my head, realising where they were going with it and what they were implying.

I was dreaming. I was going to wake up soon. Maybe I would be back in England and everything that had happened since would be in my head. Maybe I would write it all down and become a millionaire. But whatever they were saying couldn't be true.

I could not be....

"You asked me why the centaurs bowed to you in the forest." He said. "They knew this was going to happen."

"That would mean-" I got up from my seat, tears starting to form in my eyes.

"Yes." The Professor nodded. "You are right. They knew who you were since the minute they saw you. They had been expecting your arrival and your return. The stars spoke to them a long time ago. The legend has been in Narnia for ages now."

"No." I shook my head. Caspian held onto me, which was the right move because I could've fallen on the ground.

"Princess Sophie." The Professor bowed down to me.

I shook my head. "You are the heir of King Frank and Queen Helen." Caspian said next to me and I looked at him, my heart near my throat.

"You," The Professor said. "You are the heir of Narnia.

I couldn't breathe. "What?"