Chapter 15: Love's Misunderstanding

The turtles, Dill, and Delilah were all back at the Lair. Weapons were put on the wall and the turtles dispersed for a bit before a clump they knew was coming.

Delilah went to Leo's room to take off the armor and the black leggings she wore with it. She put on her every-day clothes again- a white tank top and gray sweatpants, nothing fancy. As she was pulling on her sweats, she noticed a small nick on her thigh and tried to put pressure on it. The scratch was in reach but it was positioned awkwardly and she'd probably need help bandaging it. She sighed and finished pulling up the sweats.

She left Leo's room and went to Donnie's lab, knowing full well he had a first-aid kit on hand.

"Hey, Don, I accidentally nicked-"

"Oh! Wow, uh, hi. I didn't hear you... Sorry, um..." Delilah noticed he looked nervous and didn't want to make eye contact. "Sorry, what happened? You nicked something?" He asked, looking slightly to the left of her. She didn't say anything.

"It's okay, I can deal with it." She left his lab with her head held low.

"Dee, what happened?" Donnie asked from the doorway.

"It's nothing I can't handle," she responded as she headed toward the door.

"Where are you going?" Mikey asked Delilah from the couch. She looked at him, and he was gladly making eye contact- though seeming slightly nervous. Dill wouldn't even turn around.

"Just the Abraco, I left something there," she responded.

"Okay!" Mikey smiled and sat back down.

"What're you watching?" she asked.

"A late-night re-run of 'Suite Life of Zach and Cody,'" he responded happily. She smiled and continued to the door, but Raph stopped her.

"You'll be okay going out there alone?" Raph asked, earnestly. He seemed to be the only one to get over his nervousness of Delilah.

"I think so."

"You're not. I'll go with you," he stated. He left the Lair. "Well?" Delilah nodded and followed him.

♦️♦️♦️

Delilah unlocked the staff door, then let Raph in before closing it behind her. She first noticed the food bowl she left for Freddie was almost empty, and so she filled it. At the sound of his food, Freddie ran over and rubbed against Raph's legs, then Delilah's.

Delilah picked him up and held him against her left hip as she looked through the kitchen to find what she needed. She put Freddie down then pulled the small first aid kit from the cabinet. She brought it into the dining area and Raph and Freddie followed her.

"What happened? Did you get hurt?" Raph asked, offering a hand to Delilah. She took his hand and kissed it slightly. She released it and sat in the booth near the "stage."

"Just a small thing, it's fine," she responded. "It's on my thigh, so I'm going to pull down my pants. Could you..." she motioned for Raph to turn around, but he was already doing so.

Delilah pulled down the waistband of her sweats and got a closer look at the cut. It was on the outer side of her right thigh and was about 2 inches long.