Chapter 26: Almost Lost

Of course, there was something going on as soon as Delilah stepped off of the table.

Donnie's alarms went off and he went to check the police scanner. Vincent came over the walkie talkie on his shoulder, asking for the attention of the turtles and Delilah.

"Vincent we're all here," Donnie said once Delilah got to the main room, leaning on Dill slightly.

"The Foot Clan is going to attempt to break into the northern estate. Van Noble already has a truck heading to the scene. Make sure you are at the Bronx River Parkway," Vincent said.

"Copy that, but Delilah cannot come- she just got out of surgery," Donnie said as he motioned for Casey and his siblings to follow him to the dojo and weapons wall.

"The next part of the serum was today?" Vincent asked.

"Yes, Chief," Donnie responded as the turtles got their weapons. Raph and Mick made their way to the Tartaruga Siblings truck. Donnie made some last-minute checks to his tech.

Delilah walked into the dojo to grab her armor and Leo's katanas.

"Tell Vincent I'm coming," Delilah said. Dill followed behind her, their expression worried. Donnie looked at Delilah.

"No, Dee. You have to stay. This isn't like the last time where you had a twelve-hour drive to catch your breath before going into something- you didn't even fight much in that battle. Besides, you just woke up-"

"I know, Don," Delilah said as she slipped her armor over her shirt. "But I can handle it. If something happens, I'll back off."

Delilah followed Mick and Raph and called out to them. Raph nearly tripped as he turned. He was shocked to see Delilah making her way to the truck, followed by a confused Casey, a worried Dill, and an even more worried Donnie.

"Don and I tried to talk her out of it," Dill admitted. Raph held back a chuckle.

"I won't. If she says she'll be fine, she'll be fine," Raph said. Delilah smiled and he offered her his hand, which she took.

"Thank you," Delilah said.

With that, Mick, Raph, and Delilah went into the truck. Casey followed them. Donnie and Dill looked at each other, then back at the truck.

"With that chaotic attitude... One of them will get killed one day," Dill muttered as they trudged up the pipes.

"I concur," Donnie said, following his partner.

♦️♦️♦️

Delilah was holding her own as the truck made its way down the interstate. Donnie was driving and Casey was in the passenger seat. Mick, Raph, Tina, Delilah, and Dill had made themselves comfortable in the back. Donnie was confused as he didn't see any sign of trouble. He took his walkie talkie off of his shoulder.

"Vincent, we're on the interstate and I see nothing. Are you sure there was something going on?" Donnie asked. The walkie crackled.

"Yes. The Foot's truck is actively nearing exit 25," Vincent responded. "I'll send you their coordinates."

"Thank you," Donnie responded.