Chapter 19: The Stolen Goddess Returned

A/N: picture is not mine, I found it online

♦️♦️♦️

It was nearly 12:30 in the morning. The troupe had just gotten to the Flight 93 Memorial in Somerset County, Pennsylvania.

"Guys, gals, and nonbinary pal, we're one and a half miles away from our destination," Casey said to the people and turtles in the back. He pulled over.

"What are you doing, Jones?" Vincent asked him.

"Dee said to pull over when we get closer than two miles," Casey shrugged.

"And I thank you because you never know where they have eyes," Delilah smiled from outside of Casey's window. Vincent hated that she was right.

"Jones, go with them. Stay safe, we'll be prepared for a quick getaway," Vincent said. Casey nodded and got out of the truck.

"Thanks, Becca," Casey smirked as he followed the others.

"Jones!" Vincent barked as they disappeared into the night.

Delilah didn't mention to anyone the text she had gotten on the way to the Memorial.

♦️♦️♦️

"What the fuck is going on?" Casey asked as they walked through the fields. Delilah smacked him. "What?"

"We're here to find out what's going on with the Foot," Delilah responded. Casey rolled his eyes.

"I could really use a beer right about now," Casey muttered.

"You can't drink, you're like, twelve," Mick scoffed.

"And? I can hide from the law."

"Casey, you are the law," Mick added.

"Exactly. I know how to hide from them, from the inside," he shrugged. He glanced at Raph who scoffed and shook his head.

"You're insane," Raph stated.

"Anyways, children," Delilah said over the others. "Where exactly did they keep you, Don?"

"I exited within 30 yards of the Memorial building," Donnie responded. "I'll show you, come on!" Donnie started running, and they followed his pace.

Delilah stopped moments later and had to catch her breath. Raph stopped and immediately approached her, putting a hand to her bicep.

"Are you alright?" he asked. She nodded.

"Yeah, just a little... In pain," she whispered.

"Oh, from the surgery?" She nodded. "Do you want me to help you?"

"Hey, guys! What's going on?" Donnie called over the walkie, interrupting Delilah.

"Dee's having some trouble with the aftermath of the surgery. I got her," Raph responded.

"Alright. Sorry, I forgot about it, Dee. I should've warned you."

"Not your fault. We've got it," Delilah responded to her friend over the walkie.

"Okay. Do you mind if Raph carries you? It'll be best not to move too much until you have to."

"I don't mind. He had the same idea." Delilah smiled up at Raph. He cautiously picked her up bridal style. "See you momentarily."