Chapter 18: Show Yourself

A/N; y'all can fight me on the name and video

♦️♦️♦️

Delilah sat on the couch as her friend paced across the living room. She realized Delilah was right, and she was trans. Now, she just needed to pick a name.

"I honestly love how you're keeping the Renaissance theme," Delilah said. Delilah was looking through an article on her phone with famous Renaissance women.

"Me too. If only we could find one that fits..." she whispered.

"Artemisia Gentileschi, 1593-1653?" Delilah suggested.

"How do you spell Artemisia?"

"Never mind then. Plautilla Nelli, 1524-1588?"

"Plauto-what?"

"I guess not... Properzia de' Rossi, 1490-1530?"

"Sounds like property."

"And we are not that," Delilah stated.

"Lucia Anguissola, 1536-1565 from Cremona, Italy who painted during the late Renaissance?" Delilah continued.

"Reminds me of Lucy, and I don't really like that name," she grimaced.

"Fair enough," Delilah shrugged. "Marietta Tintoretto, 1554-1590. She was from Venice."

"Marietta..." She thought. "Closer but no."

"Alright... Want it to start with M?"

"Yeah, I like M..."

"Alright..." Delilah smiled as she narrowed her choice.

"Michele Coltellini, 1480-1542. She was active mainly in Ferrara," Delilah stated, and noticed it seemed a lot like Michelangelo. But maybe that could be a sense of comfort to the turtle and supported her nonetheless.

"Michele..." She whispered. She kept repeating it as she paced. "I think I like it..." she questioned.

"Here, I'll help," Delilah offered, standing up and pocketing her phone.

"I'm Delilah Lawson. And your name is?" Delilah asked.

"I'm Michele, but you can call me Mick." She seemed to radiate, and Delilah couldn't help but smile along with her. She chuckled. "That's it, that's the one."

"I'm glad, Mick. I really am," Delilah smiled, gripping Michele's bicep.

"Me too," she chuckled.

"Morning, Dee, Mike. What're you guys doing?" Raph asked as he entered the living room, then into the kitchen. Michele seemed to fly out the window and was replaced by Mikey. Raph emerged from the kitchen with a couple of donuts. "Well?"

"We've just been talking about Renaissance artists, since I asked where your names came from," Delilah shrugged. Mikey seemed to be nervous.

"My favorite is Michele Coltellini, 1480-1542. She painted in Ferrara," Mikey responded. Delilah looked at him and smiled, but became saddened at the look on his face. Raph scoffed.

"Dee got that information and you just spat it out, didn't you?"

"Maybe, but so what?" Mikey responded, getting defensive. Raph laid off of it.